Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Welcome JR, you're just in time for all the action!

Thanks, guys! I've just posted a review of #0.1 I wrote for my local comic shop's message board. #1 may follow later today or tomorrow, but since I already wrote the one for #0.1, I went ahead and posted it in relevant thread in the Alpha News section. Hey, better late than never!

what up Alphaites?

NAME: Neil Burns
    BIRTH DATE: January 10, 1970 (41! God, I'm old!)
    INTERESTS: writing, theater, sci-fi, anime, photography

BIO: I'm a single unemployed mail clerk who like reading comic books and I first came across AF
    in a CLASSIC X-MEN issue (maybe the actual issue, but I forget the number) where they and the
    X-Men are scuffling over Logan in the Saddledome. they maybe "Canada's X-Men", but they are
    an interesting group to enjoy. I look forward to contributing. peace out and sorry Sedin Sisters.
    better luck next time.
    You need to have every square inch of your ass kicked-Evil Willow to Buffy

Welcome to the boards Neil (And to you too Pex), you've come in at a good time. lenty of topics to look at.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

NAME: Scott Bennie
    BIRTH DATE: June 24, 1960
    INTERESTS: Comics, music, film, games, politics, religion.

BIO: Long time Alpha Flight fan, having bonded with the team when I Byrne stole X-Men #120. I've been a fan of the team in all of its incarnations, through good and (alas) very bad. I remain a big fan of John's seminal run and I'm really excited the book is back and in good hands.

I'm a game designer, started out in the 80s writing for tablestop RPGs, then designed computer games in California in the 90s, before coming back to Canada and resuming my freelance career. A few years back, I wrote the 5th edition version of Champions of the North for the Champions RPG, and in the 80s I adapted some Alphans for the Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe, so I know enough about adapting Canada to the medium to be really opinionated and obnoxious about it Hopefully I won't make too big of a mess. I've lurked on this site for years, but figured this was as good a time as any to join in and be an Alpha geek with you folks. With luck, the current team will do us proud, the run gets extended and we'll have a lot of really good issues of the book to talk about in years to come.
    Last edited by Champion of the North; 07-22-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Welcome to the site Scott, great to have you aboard. I echo your sentiments about the current team. I think that at the moment we have a creative team that actually understand what AF is all about.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'm the new guy, so perhaps I should introduce myself, no? My handle's Mijder, but the real name is James Hickson. I'm currently reading Alpha Flight from the beginning and will occasionally include commentaries on issues I'm read on my Twitter (@Mijder).

Otherwise, I'm currently writing scripts for a future monthly superteam webcomic, "The Adventurers" which you can also stay updated on via my Twitter, but that will also post updates on this board if there is any interest.

Welcome Mijder!

Quote Originally Posted by Mijder View Post
    I'm the new guy, so perhaps I should introduce myself, no? My handle's Mijder, but the real name is James Hickson. I'm currently reading Alpha Flight from the beginning and will occasionally include commentaries on issues I'm read on my Twitter (@Mijder).

Otherwise, I'm currently writing scripts for a future monthly superteam webcomic, "The Adventurers" which you can also stay updated on via my Twitter, but that will also post updates on this board if there is any interest.

NAME: Jon
    BIRTH DATE: 8/8/88
    OCCUPATION: Superhero/Comic Book Writer trying to get Published/Blackline Comics Marketer
    INTERESTS: Comics, Video Games, NFL Football, WWE, Hanging Out, RPing, Writing, and Watching TV/Movies.

BIO: I am an avid comic book reader/collector since 2005, loved comics since I was a kid because my Dad got me into them. I like DC More than Marvel but I love the whole industry so I read a lot. I read Uncanny X-Men and fell in love with the character of Northstar. I knew Guardian from the X-Men Animated series, and Puck from this old issue of Maverick that I have, that was one of my favorite comics to read as a kid. So I always have known of Alpha Flight for a while but just my love of Northstar lead me into reading the new mini of Alpha Flight for the last 3 issues and I have fell in love with the whole team. Guardian and Northstar are my favorites thus my name GuardianStar and the 8's are my calling card on different message boards for my birthday. I am a comic book writer for the past few years and trying to get my own comic published as been tough but I do work for a new publisher called Blackline Comics and do marketing for them. Anyways I will probably vent about my life because I could use help from anyone who is willing to give it. I am mainly here to meet new people and learn all I can about Alpha Flight.

Welcome Jon!

Nice to have you here GuardianStar! I know the very issue of Maverick you are talking about - it's issue #3 from Nov 1997 and is a pretty big Alpha Flight issue, featuring both Heather (in her green geothermal suit) and Puck. I remember that issue was well-edited and contained several accurate references to the events going on in the volume 2 series. Thanks for mentioning it!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Big welcome to everyone who has joined in the last few days/weeks/months! It is pretty exciting for all of us to see new blood being added to the site, as well as a thrill everytime i log on and see that there are generally around 40 visitors lurking on the site; wow!

We enjoy having you all here!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Referring to a 1997 issue of Maverick as "old"...boy, that just made me feel like Methuselah.

(Or to keep it AF related...made me feel as old as the Master of the World!)

~Jason

Banshee, here, Dublin, Ireland. Member a while but just pop in and out.

Have to say, I am loving the current AF mini. There is a certain satisfaction for this 40 year old, getting to read both AF and New Mutants again, brings me back to my school days and Happy memories. Have to say both NM and AF are rocking at the moment. Days of Future Past wot!?

Slán go foill

SP

NAME: Barry
    BIRTH DATE: July 5th, 1984
    INTERESTS: comics, rpgs, d&d, movies, music, and fishing

BIO: first saw alpha flight on the x-men cartoon as a child. fell in love with them immediately. have loved bigfoots forever and sasquatch was so cool. started learning more about the group and now sassy isn't my only favorite. they also made me love canada. felt like a true tourist when i went to Niagara Falls, come home with maple leaf everything. lol
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!