Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Just a quick bump of this thread for anyone visiting us for the first time.
    I hope you're looking forward to Chaos War: Alpha Flight as much as we are.
    Feel free to jump in anywhere!

NAME: Mark
    BIRTH DATE: Oct 13
    INTERESTS: Music, theatre, movies, cats, music, computers, nature, environment

BIO: I started collecting AF with #28. Went back and got #1-27. Stopped around #70, then got random issues after that. Have all Volumne 2. Stopped collecting all together. (Did not have time, money, or space to continue and got tired of the continuous X-Book X-overs.) Last year during Vancouver Olympics, ordered the remaining issues of Volume. 1. Refuse to get Volume 3 or Omega Flight. Have a few Wolverine and other tie-ins. Chaos War was the first new comic I have bought in almost 10 years.

Favorites members include: Marrina, Puck, Heather, Northstar, Aurora, Shaman, and Talisman. Not so keen on Persuasion and many of the newer ones. Feel that Marrina has gotten a raw deal and deserves much better than she has been written and I do not accept what the Avengers writer did to her, by turning her into a Leviathan. (Ask me about my theory to get a round that storyline.)

Quote Originally Posted by musicgeek View Post
    NAME: Mark
    BIRTH DATE: Oct 13
    INTERESTS: Music, theatre, movies, cats, music, computers, nature, environment

BIO: I started collecting AF with #28. Went back and got #1-27. Stopped around #70, then got random issues after that. Have all Volumne 2. Stopped collecting all together. (Did not have time, money, or space to continue and got tired of the continuous X-Book X-overs.) Last year during Vancouver Olympics, ordered the remaining issues of Volume. 1. Refuse to get Volume 3 or Omega Flight. Have a few Wolverine and other tie-ins. Chaos War was the first new comic I have bought in almost 10 years.

Favorites members include: Marrina, Puck, Heather, Northstar, Aurora, Shaman, and Talisman. Not so keen on Persuasion and many of the newer ones. Feel that Marrina has gotten a raw deal and deserves much better than she has been written and I do not accept what the Avengers writer did to her, by turning her into a Leviathan. (Ask me about my theory to get a round that storyline.)
    Welcome to the forums! You must love music... not just because of your handle... but in your interests... you mentioned it... twice.

So it's an interesting thing (to me) - that you dig some of the newer folks like Persuasion and such... as I was not a fan of them. Other than Witchfire, but I believe that was because of her tie to Belasco, who I fell in love with after Uncanny X-Men #160 (thought that was such a great story!) So... I'd like to hear what you liked about the newer characters... I do WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with you about Marrina and her fate... but then... we see that there's already an easy way around it... in Avengers Volume 3 (Kurt Busiek's relaunch quite a few years ago) when Master appears - if memory serves me right she's seen in one of the tubes...

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Welcome to the forums! So it's an interesting thing (to me) - that you dig some of the newer folks like Persuasion and such... as I was not a fan of them. ...
    I think you may have misread what he said, which was
    Not so keen on Persuasion and many of the newer ones.
    BTW, welcome as well from me, musicgeek!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Oh, right. See... never read posts and work (doing IT support) at the same time... I am like Windows 3.x and don't multi-task well. LOL

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Welcome, musicgeek!
    What... kind of music? And movies, cats, and natures?

Avengers Volume 3 (Kurt Busiek's relaunch quite a few years ago) when Master appears - if memory serves me right she's seen in one of the tubes...
    Your memory serves you well, but you must bury it deep. It can be turned against you.

- Le Messor
    Oz: I don't know. I think we're kinda getting a rhythm down.
    Xander: We're losing half the vamps.
    Oz: Yeah, but... rhythmically.

I do WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with you about Marrina and her fate... but then... we see that there's already an easy way around it... in Avengers Volume 3 (Kurt Busiek's relaunch quite a few years ago) when Master appears - if memory serves me right she's seen in one of the tubes...
    Which would be where Osborne got hold of her from, presumably.

Hey folks, with Volume 4 on the horizon we've had a few new members so feel free to introduce yourselves here.

For all the reg's how's about we use this thread to get to know each other a bit more? Tell us an interesting fact about yourself.

Canada's Top Superhero New Recruit

NAME: Randy
    BIRTH DATE: January 31, 1986
    INTERESTS: Anything with a statistic.

BIO: Absolutely loved comic books growing up, and after subscribing to Marvel's digital service earlier this year, I read the first 8 issues of Alpha Flight for the first time. I ended up enjoying the next few volumes of it, but I really wanted to read the original run. This week, I found a graphic novel of the first eight, and picked it up. Now, I'm reading all the original 130, and am currently almost to 50. Loving this title, and am super excited to be here for volume 4. I hope it isn't randomly "dark" like most of the stuff Marvel seems to do right now.

I was always a "Marvel" kid, but after discovering "Invincible" from Image, I jumped ship. I sincerely hope this Alpha book will allow me to get back into Marvel.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMountie View Post
    I hope it isn't randomly "dark" like most of the stuff Marvel seems to do right now.
    Signs point to:
    "It will be... it will be."

... but we'll try.
    "No! Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try."
    Wait, isn't that what 'try' is?

- Le Messor
    "I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I will never die."
    ~ Calvin

Hi Randy and welcome!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Welcome to the nut-house Randy!

Canada's Top Superhero New Recruit

Aw, and here I thought I had already escaped from there.

NAME: JR
    BIRTH DATE: February 14, 1977
    INTERESTS: Comics, Cool Television Shows, Music in Languages I Don't Understand (Particularly Japanese or Korean), Rainy Days, Girls.

BIO: One of the first, if not the very first, comics I ever bought was Alpha Flight V1 #13. I was hooked for life on comics in general and AF in particular. My favorite members of the team include Heather and Box (Jeffries) and Persuasion, although I don't dislike any of them. Despite the craziness (or perhaps because of it), I would classify AF #1-86 as some of the finest comics I've ever read. Didn't much care for Volume 2 at the time, though I'll be the first to admit I need to reread and reassess to determine what I think now. Volume 3 was quirky but fun and I cried real tears of joy when the book finally addressed Flashback's fate from the Byrne era. My odd AF fan quirk - I don't really like Mac all that much because I think he should have stayed dead, but I love looking at pictures of him in the suit being all heroic and stuff. Even so, it's weird seeing him lead the team into battle because that is Heather's job...

Welcome to the boards, Pex! I agree volume 2 deserves a re-reading. It's a book from a different era and I think its fascinating to go back over the old issues. There's lots of buzz now about the new series so thanks for reminding us of books from Alpha Flight's past. Have fun and join in the discussions anytime!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com