Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hi Damien, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you aboard and glad to see you posting.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Glad to be here. I saw this place a while back when I was on KMC. I figured I'd join up since I've been reading up on the entirety of the 'Flight history and such.

That, and I like discussing comics.

-Damien.

Hiya Damien, and everyone else who has arrived lately. Welcome aboard.

Welcome welcome welcome. Hope you have a good time here. Good bunch of mates hang out here and they all know their stuff.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Welcome Damien, Dfense75, Drownstar, New Moon comics and anyone else who is new (that I may have missed).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Hello to everyone who's new, sorry, I wasn't very active lately.....

Hi Alphans, my name's Daz i'm from Australia and i'm currently studying at uni. I recently started reading Omega Flight when I found out BRB would be gracing Marvel's pages again (being a long time Thor fan). Fascinated to learn more I picked up some 80's Alpha back issues from my local 2nd hand book store and have been buying at least 2-3 issues a week since, from the Byrne-Mantlo era. As i'm finding them extremely cheap in my city comic book store. I'm completely obssessed and somehow managing to scrape together bits and pieces of the first series from a number of stores. They're a wonderful team and I can't stop babbling on about them to my friends, housemates and family.. I look forward to reading others thoughts and comments + share my own on the forums! I'm also on the Marvel boards as 'donblake' so look out for me there too and say hi!

Thanks guys, Daz
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

Good thing second hand book store exist! I'm addicted too
    Welcome aboard, Daz!

Welcome, Daz, glads to hear from you!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Welcome Beta Ray Daz!!

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

Hi, I'm the ever lovin' Kumori. I'm a 17 year old girl and I love comics <3. Although I haven't read Alpha Flight comics that much, I have read a few and I found them to be quite enjoyable. My favorite character from any comic is X-23.

Hello again :3
    "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

Hi Kumori and welcome to the forum. My faave character from any comic, probably Spider Jerusalem.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Heather Hudson Fan First Flight

Default Hello everyone.

NAME: S. Michael Simms
    BIRTH DATE: July 30, 1975
    INTERESTS: Singing, Songwriting, Poetry

BIO: I grew up as a U.S. Navy Brat, which means I pretty much traveled all over the USA and even Italy as a kid. I settled down in Indianapolis, Indiana as an adult since the cost of living is relatively low.

My family had very limited funds, so since I couldn't afford comic subscriptions for all my favorite heroes, I collected Marvel Universe Official Handbooks instead which pretty much covered all the bases as far as what every hero and villain had been up to at least till around 1985/86 or so. That's how I fell in love with John Byrne's style of art. I had already taken notice of him during the Secret Wars series, but I became a true fan of his artwork and writing during TOHOTMU run and the Doc Samson/Hulkbusters Hulk stories he did around the same time. It wasn't long afterwards that I was enjoying Alpha Flight, and for some reason that team remained my favorite for good.

I have only been to Canada once— Toronto to be precise. I attended an Al Jolson convention being held there last May. I have to tell you, I absolutely loved it (Toronto that is). Then I watched the second Michael Moore documentary in which he mentions Canada, the first having been "Bowling for Columbine" concerning Canadians' lack of violent crime, the second "Sicko" concerning Canada's (wonderful, in my view) national health care system, and I grew to love it even more. I of course stocked up on touristy items while there and as a nice little bonus had the best hot dog I've ever eaten in my life on the way back...it had like this biscuit twisted around it...my mouth STILL waters thinking about it.

Anyway, I am a singer. I sing and have written several songs as well as performed for several audiences ranging from the dozens to the hundreds. I have a great appreciation for Rush, particularly their "Farewell to Kings" album, but my tastes range far and wide, focusing mainly on those whom I consider to be the penultimate popular representatives of their specific genres, namely Al Jolson, Aerosmith, Mahalia Jackson, Hank Williams Junior, Tchaikovsky, and Stevie Wonder...but really, I love nearly every kind of music. I am also a bit of a poet and enjoy both reading and writing when I can find the time.

I'm a bit sleepy and am boring myself just now, as this conversation is concerning mainly myself, a subject with which I am overly familiar; but please be assured there is far more to me than what I have written here. I hope to get to know many people here and perhaps make a few friends along the way. Thanks to the creators of this site and those who have helped maintain it. Very classy, and very well done.

Live, Love, Laugh & be Happy,
    S. Michael Simms ("Smikes" for short)
    Jolson did it all first,
    Crosby jazzed it up,
    Sinatra perfected it.

Welcome to the forums Michael Simms. Enjoy your time here