Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Welcome Cet (Carol), good to have you onboard. I know that Lobdell wrote Generation X and I recognise his name from here and there (but I've been out of the comic-book scene for quite a few years also), not really sure of what else he's done comic-book wise, I know that he's a stand up comic also. Maybe you could write a resume of his written work for us?

Welcome again

Welcome aboard Carol! Alays happy to see new people. Don't get freaked out by the people hiding in the cupboard. they're harmless....I think

Quote Originally Posted by Cet
    Hello guys. Coming over here from X-Fan.

Name: Carol
    Interests: comics, reading, writing, languages

I've actually never read the earlier versions of Alpha Flight, but Lobdell's my favorite comic writer, so I'm onboard for this one (and it's quite cool so far). I'm not great at introductions, so I'm sorry about this not being too riveting. I am excited to be here though, especially since it looks like Lobdell stops by sometimes to talk. Happy to meet you guys.
    :

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Welcome aboard Carol! Alays happy to see new people. Don't get freaked out by the people hiding in the cupboard. they're harmless....I think :
    What he said. G'day Carol and welcome.!...we're harmless...really.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Welcome onboard Carol have fun.
    Richard Vasseur

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Beetleblack,

Aiya, Lobdell's comic resume....that's quite a lot. Well, you know about Generation X. He also wrote Uncanny X-Men and X-Men for quite a few years (and was one of the masterminds behind the Age of Apocalypse, greatest X-Men story ever ). He's written Wildcats as well I believe, along with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. There have been many minis and such over the years as well, but those are the first big things that come to mind. He really is something. Lobdell's the only comic writer who's ever been able to make me feel amusement, joy, excitement, sadness, despair, hope....any feeling you can think of, whenever he wants. One guy on X-Fan said one time that "Lobdell's characters bleed emotion." (And that was meant in a good way, in case you were wondering). More than anything characters are always the main thing that draw me into a story, and Lobdell's writing has always felt character-centered to me. It's amazing.
    Nosce te ipsum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cet
    Hello guys. Coming over here from X-Fan.

Name: Carol
    Interests: comics, reading, writing, languages

I've actually never read the earlier versions of Alpha Flight, but Lobdell's my favorite comic writer, so I'm onboard for this one (and it's quite cool so far). I'm not great at introductions, so I'm sorry about this not being too riveting. I am excited to be here though, especially since it looks like Lobdell stops by sometimes to talk. Happy to meet you guys.
    Welcome to our little asylum, Carol. Hope yer not scared of cupboards...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

What is it with cupboards? Did some one see Indian In The Cupboard once to often?
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    What is it with cupboards? Did some one see Indian In The Cupboard once to often?
    Em...it's a little much to explain...just read this thread....all of it! http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=124

Ben

Em...it's a little much to explain...just read this thread....all of it! http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=124 Ben
    Oh I have never read that in its entirety...I'm in pain.

*falls over laughing*

Hey everyone! My name is ....well my sig saids it all. :P But I'm a Northie lover from way back and I really can't get enough of the sexy Canadian. I'm 38, or will be this Friday. I'm really getting old because I can remember the New X-Men from the mid to late 70's. I now read the new Alpha Flight in hopes to renew my interest in the book. I read all the X titles, including Mystique and Emma Frost. I'm also an owner of an X-Men message board known as The X-Dream that just opened last Tuesday.

Ok, enough about me. Whose serving the drinks?
    Do U Believe in Xavier's Dream?

Like to discuss X-Men?
    Role Play your favorite Mutant?

Allo Northstar love, welcome to alphawaves and I don't think Northstar would like to be called Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    Em...it's a little much to explain...just read this thread....all of it! http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=124 Ben
    Oh I have never read that in its entirety...I'm in pain.

*falls over laughing*
    Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent....

Welcome Northstars Love, for your own safety please sign this waver *hands waver to Northstars Love* No need to read the small print, it just states that we are not responsible for any mental or phisical injuries you may sustain while within 10 feet of the cupboard...

Welcome aboard

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent....
    Okay Dude....that scares me. lol

Don't make me retaliate with the dreaded 'Valley Girl'...

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Allo Northstar love, welcome to alphawaves and I don't think Northstar would like to be called Canadian
    My bad. Should I have said French Canadian? Although Jean-Paul hasn't said really anything about it to me. Oh well.

*crawls back into bed with JP*

Welcome Northstars Love, for your own safety please sign this waver *hands waver to Northstars Love* No need to read the small
    print, it just states that we are not responsible for any mental or phisical injuries you may sustain while within 10 feet of the cupboard...

*Looks at waiver*

" Gut wrenching silliness is to be adhered to etc...etc..."

LOL! No problemo!
    Do U Believe in Xavier's Dream?

Like to discuss X-Men?
    Role Play your favorite Mutant?