Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Six degrees of seperation

ok...so it wasn't as difficult as I had thought.

Oh well. Congrats, Puck!

-Mystic

P.S. - Just call me Jimmie

Since this thread hasn't hasn't been touched in two weeks, I'm going to keep it alive:

Slapstick -> Nemesis (either one)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Default You know what

After that's finished (I don't know who Slapstick is)... maybe, Prism - Astarte?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Default Re: You know what

Quote Originally Posted by Regret1017
    After that's finished (I don't know who Slapstick is)
    Slapstick was one of the minor bit-characters used in the early 90's, had a limited series in (iirc) 1993. To my knowledge had one rather obscure cameo in 2001.

Here is a picture (just a note, the site takes a few seconds to load, so be patient, as it's the only reliable image I could find)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Slapstick was part of the Mutant X world heroes subdued by the Beyonder (Goblyn Queen). Also part of that group was The Six, which included Wolvie, who had been subjugated by AF in Mutant X #3 I think. Therefore, Wolvie had been coerced into working for the good, in much the same way as Nemesis has been. Or we can have the fact that Havok, before going to Mutant X world had been a member of X-Factor like Wildchild, who had also been a member of Gamma with Nemesis.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Wow...it's been two months since this game has been played. Let's keep this thing going...

Silver Surfer --> Black Air

Hopefully this will be more challenging than my previous attempts.

::: insert evil maniacal laughter here :::

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

A week and no takers?? I know it's not that hard!!

-Mystic

I have no idea who Black Air is...
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Black Air is the outfit Pete Wisdom used to work for before he joined Excalibur. A real 'X-Files meets Men In Black' bunch.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Hmm Lemme give this a shot.

1. Silver Surfer has countless connections to the Fantastic Four.
    2. Wolverine was at one point a member of the FF, (With Spidey, and I think Grey Hulk and Ghost Rider... *sigh*)
    3. Wolverine is/was a member of the X-men.
    4. Nightcrawler is/was also an X-man with Wolverine.
    5. Nightcrawler was also a member of Excalibur with Pete Wisdom.
    6. Pete Wisdom used to work for Black Air.
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Way to go Swifty!! That's the exact connection I came up with. I guess now it's your turn to come up with someone.

-Mystic

Okay as no one else is touching this, a nice obscure one. Howard the Duck - Wallop (ClanDestine)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I know this one...I know I know this one...but I can't figure out two points...dammit
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Ok...forgive me if I got this wrong, I was trying to come up with something and had to refer to my little 'reference' book. So...here we go:

Howard the Duck --> Wallop (ClanDestine)

Howard the Duck --> Man-Thing --> Mockingbird --> Avengers --> X-Men --> Wallop/ClanDestine

Explanation:

1. After Howard the Duck came to Earth, he had a brief adventure with Man-Thing.

2. Man-Thing, before being transformed, worked with Mockingbird in SHIELD's attempt at resurrecting the Super Soldier program.

3. Mockingbird worked with the Avengers and served alongside the Beast, who was an original X-Man, and later went back to them.

4. The X-Men worked alongside (or went up against) ClanDestine in a mini-series back when the series was popular.

I know it's not six points of explanations...but it's not perfect, and it deals with characters I'm not really sure on. There are six degrees of separation though...

oh well,
    -Mystic

Yup, that works for me Mystic. You got Man-Thing which was my main focal point and from there you could have gone Doctor Strange -> Alpha -> X-Men etc.

I believe that your up next.
    Del