Thread: Yukon Jack

Default Yukon Jack

One of my boys read AF #1 earlier on today and remarked on how much he enjoyed it, espeacially the person who spoke like he had just escaped from a Shakespearian play. I find that with this concept, I can imagine lots more possible origins for the character than, if as he's been mentioned elsewhere, he talks like he's a native of asgard or some such realm.

Just thought I'd share that
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

being a long time fan of the series i am crossing my fingers this run succeeds for a while, i really think there is some potential with some of these characters (yukon jack being one) and once some of the originals start showing up people will feel more comftorable with the team.

but man is issue #1 taking a beating on the net.

I totally agree about the potential of the book. I was at my local comic shop tonight (playing Magic) I picked up a bunch of assorted weapon X books, and got talking to the owner about Alpha Flight. He knew what an AF freak I was, and about the site. He got a copy of the book for himself. I told him how it was almost all new characters..,

The remarkable thing was when he told me that he had not read any of the older versions of AF, and that he will be on an even ground with longtime fans, since he wanted to follow this book....that just blew me away. How many of us are long time fans? How many long time fans have been lost over the years? be it people who loose interest in comics, or got frustrated with AF being jerked around...Lobell did something genius with this book by introducing a new cast, with a light feel. Potentially, this book would be very easy for a new collector to step into. Alpha Flight has the potential to draw a whole new crowd. True, some older fans may be alienated by the lack of original members, but I think it will probably draw more fans than it will loose. There isn't all that baggage to scare off new fans.

I think Seagle had this idea when he did v.2, however it was heavy with the government conspiracy thing starting off. It was harder for new members to get into it. He might have been better off to have introduced that more gradually, and bring it to a head faster. The way he did it, I enjoyed, but I could see how others cold be scared off by it.

Lobell's book could very well set the stage for making AF a main stay in Marvel again. If this book is well established, he may get see his plan to launch an "Uncanny AF" book to reintroduce the old characters, once new and old fans are hooked.

So I'm ranting, and will now shut up.

Ben

i agree, obviously the last 2 series weren't good enough to continue, so he had to do something new, and i am just happy a alpha book is on the shelfs again, i know (hope) he will relax a little with his attempt at his stand up act.

Default Speaking of Yukon Jack...

Anyone know what happened to Jason Brice's last "Flight Plans"? It was supposed to focus on him.
    Best/Mario

Default Re: Speaking of Yukon Jack...

I emailed him about it about a week ago, and haven't heard anything back

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1
    Anyone know what happened to Jason Brice's last "Flight Plans"? It was supposed to focus on him.