Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapon X

The line-up of the team is Juggernaut, 'Strike, Hellblade, Shuriken, Amber Hunt, Siena Blaze, Reaper, and Cayman.

The first tpb has all the drafts and issue 1-5. I thought I saw a second tpb for the underground arc but i could be mistaken. also, what is an altraverse title and are their exiles like marvel exiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Puck
    Since you collect Ultraverse Titles, can u tell me the whole lineup for "The All New Exiles"?

I Know These Characters:
    Juggernaut
    Sienna Blaze
    Amber Hunt
    Shuriken
    Reaper(from the Mutant Liberation Front) was a member of that group too, I believe....who later appeared in the Weapon X series.

Dana

Default Weapon X *possible spoilers!*

All I know about the Weapon X books is that I WANT KYLE'S VOICE BACK!

I've gotten used to the stupid nosferatu look, but I MISS Kyle's clever sarcastic quips and cleverness... YES the character is actually intelligent, though the way he's depicted in the recent books makes him look like an utter moron.

It irks me not just as a fan, but really, with Sabes having gone on his own and all, that it's damned inconvenient to have a fighting team memeber unable to communicate when the problem could easily be fixed. Being a security chief who can't talk? I mean they didn't even give him freaking SIGN LANGUAGE! Sorry, but in this I think the writers have made a HUGE mistake... it doesn't make any sense to keep him mute at this point... I'm inclined to think laziness. (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

At least Aurora has finally let the poor man go so she can leap around and grab whichever male suits her fancy THIS week! (LOL! You GO girl!) However, I shall forever be of the opinion that she let the best one go. (but that's just me)

I was appalled at what the Director did to 'Rora too... and I missed the issue where she apparently beat the living hell out of him... he deserves worse than that though. Sheesh!

As for Exiles, I was truly impressed with the few issues I read... and imagine my delight with issue #5 when they came across that other version Of Alpha Flight! I nearly exploded in happiness! I had huge fun trying to figure out who was who in the group scene.

Now I wanna play with that version of AF for fun! What a great RPG borad that would make! Logan running the show! Lots of the originals still around!

*drools*

*wipes mouth* ok, don't mind me, hehehehehe.

I wanna know what Marrow's up to now! She was hands-down my favorite member of Weapon X, and the Gene Nation storyline was awesome. Pity they ended it so crappily... it'd have been cool to see Marrow and a new Gene Nation tussle with the X-folks!

Also... does anyone know what happened to Fantomex and Agent Zero/Maverick? I like the two of them, especially Fantomex (I'm holding out hope that he's gay, because he'd be an awesome "out" character), and I didn't catch the end of their storyline. Anyone able to help me out?

Well, it's been released that Weapon X will be cancelled as of #28. How sad is that. One of best X-Titles to come out in a while, and they're cancelling it!!! This is why I hate Marvel so much, and with each title they cancel of mine, they send me closer and closer to going elsewhere. It's times like these (and whenever they cancel AF) that I feel like I've wasted ten years of my life to a company who would rather promote a new Spider-Man of FF title (or a crappy solo-series X title that didn't work in the first place *cough*GAMBIT*cough*).

ANyhoo, just thought I would throw that out there.

What are your thoughts??

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

My thought is that Gambit is singly the most overrated character. I personally could just never see the appeal. Trachcoat and smoking make him cool, maybe?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic
    Well, it's been released that Weapon X will be cancelled as of #28. How sad is that. One of best X-Titles to come out in a while, and they're cancelling it!!! This is why I hate Marvel so much, and with each title they cancel of mine, they send me closer and closer to going elsewhere. It's times like these (and whenever they cancel AF) that I feel like I've wasted ten years of my life to a company who would rather promote a new Spider-Man of FF title (or a crappy solo-series X title that didn't work in the first place *cough*GAMBIT*cough*).

ANyhoo, just thought I would throw that out there.

What are your thoughts??

-Mystic
    Oh craps, the CURSE strikes again!!!

I had heard a rumour on a review site (www.thexaxis.com) but the reviewer just thought maybe Marvel were skipping a month of publishing it (does that make any sense to anyone or am I drunk???). I think that's a real shame, as I think the whole ensemble cast appealed to many readers. I have still quite a bit of catching up to do with it so I will have it for a little while yet, but it just seems like a real shame. (Although with all these recent cancellations I suppose it saves me money - although that's not really the point!)

Weapon X has been a great book. The only time it didn't raise my interest was the last arc, but at least that had the payoff of the vapid and uninspired Phantomex slaughtered outright. If WX is cancelled, I will be very sorry to see it go. The development may not have been a positive light, but he has done more for the regular Alphas in terms of exposure and development than anything else in years, including Volume 2 of AF and,--SO FAR--V3.
    But what am I not surprised?
    Yet another bad day at work?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I just can't bring myself to care. I just think to the people upset, where were you when Wildcats Version 3.0 was canned? Where were you when Miller was making Iron Man an awesome character and title, only to get dropped because no one was reading it? Where are you when the creators behind Rex Mundi are struggling to put the book out because they have no money? Where were you when Top Cow decided not to extend Strykeforce? Where were you when Agent X got canned?

There are so many good titles that no one reads that it's hardly shocking when one gets cancelled. I just can't bring myself to care any more. It's the nature of the industry, the majority of readers don't want new ideas and good stories, so until that changes, those who do are going to get the shaft, particularly from the major publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    I just can't bring myself to care. I just think to the people upset, where were you when Wildcats Version 3.0 was canned? Where were you when Miller was making Iron Man an awesome character and title, only to get dropped because no one was reading it? Where are you when the creators behind Rex Mundi are struggling to put the book out because they have no money? Where were you when Top Cow decided not to extend Strykeforce? Where were you when Agent X got canned?
    I think you're being a tad harsh on people here.
    Not everybody's tastes are the same as yours, and people have the freedom to buy what they enjoy.
    If you dont care about someone elses favourite book, why should they care about yours?
    Let's not go to hypocracy on this one.
    (And for the record, I majorly support Arvid, Eric and Jeromy on Rex Mundi, and have done since day zero, I was a big vocal fan of Agent X. The others... meh politics in comics have never worked for me. To each their own.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    I think you're being a tad harsh on people here.
    Not everybody's tastes are the same as yours, and people have the freedom to buy what they enjoy.
    If you dont care about someone elses favourite book, why should they care about yours?
    Let's not go to hypocracy on this one.
    (And for the record, I majorly support Arvid, Eric and Jeromy on Rex Mundi, and have done since day zero, I was a big vocal fan of Agent X. The others... meh politics in comics have never worked for me. To each their own.)
    The point is more that everyone has a list of books that they wish wasn't cancelled or was on stronger footing. So there's really no point in complaining about it. At this point, it's too little, too late. Just love the books that you do buy...

I could be wrong on this--tell me if I am--but but didn't Miller lose Iron Man to the old buddy network: friends of Bendis?
    I did support his work, and thought it was the best since Busiek left the book, maybe better.
    www.kozzi.us