Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weapon X

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    The point is more that everyone has a list of books that they wish wasn't cancelled or was on stronger footing. So there's really no point in complaining about it. At this point, it's too little, too late. Just love the books that you do buy...
    Why buy a book if you don't love it though?
    Surely if you spend hard earned money on something month in month out, that gives you the right to be disappointed when you lose it?

My problem was more with the apparant "where were you" chiding.
    No-one here was trying to force people to buy books they dont like just so that they can still have them, merely expressing the same disappointment.

Apologies for the anti-Tieri rant. Wasn't aware I was breaking any rules. I'll be more careful next time.

Weapon X just wasn't everyone's cup of tea. I personally found it morbid and choppy. It was unsatisfying from month to month, and also every single cast member was completely undeserving of sympathy, with the possible exceptions of Marrow and Aurora. There was nowhere near enough characterization, and thus I found it impossible to root for any of the characters.

I found the entire cast to be a bunch of unrepentant, hatemongering, amoral thugs. It was a fun read at first, and then it just got old. Cable's presence in the book didn't help, either.

Hey hey, no worries.
    Just trying to keep things a bit professional, especially given the site is visited by creators and Marvel staffers.

As to the book; Different strokes for different folks and all that...

Don't get me wrong; there were parts of Weapon X that I enjoyed. I loved seeing Marrow again, and Tieri handled her brilliantly. Ditto for Aurora, although I felt sorry for her.

Fantomex died in Weapon X?! No! He was my favorite Morrison creation, after the Stepford Cuckoos. I'd take Fantomex over Deadpool or Logan ANY day.

We don't actually know he's dead.

And it probably wont get wrapped up now, either

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    The point is more that everyone has a list of books that they wish wasn't cancelled or was on stronger footing. So there's really no point in complaining about it. At this point, it's too little, too late. Just love the books that you do buy...
    Why buy a book if you don't love it though?
    Surely if you spend hard earned money on something month in month out, that gives you the right to be disappointed when you lose it?

My problem was more with the apparant "where were you" chiding.
    No-one here was trying to force people to buy books they dont like just so that they can still have them, merely expressing the same disappointment.
    Sorry, I guess in some ways the old wounds of past cancellations still burn. But I've become numb to new cancellations.

My theory on this is, rather than bemoan the loss of Weapon X, I'm checking out Tieri's run on The Darkness next month. Seems more possitive and constructive.

Likewise.
    Had it pre-ordered a while now.

And no need to apologise. Just a difference of opinion.

For those who might be interested in what Frank Terri has to say about the cancellation:

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/...threadid=29403

Thanks for the link, Ben.
    He put out a pretty classy appeal and rebuttal, I think.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.