Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapon X

Default Weapon X

So, I know people have read this, do you recommend it?
    I don't believe that Aurora is working for Weapon X, It's probably because
    of her attitude changing-thingy, dies JP know about this?

I would honestly recommend it if you liked the government conspiracies that filled AF Vol.2. Aurora was a willing member of the Weapon X team (before the whole group went in different directions), but now she's on the run. Wild Child is still part of the group. Not sure if I like this Wild Child though.

If you don't like the whole 'Big Brother Government' concept, than it's not really for you.

-Mystic

Well, I have read issues 5 & 6 and I quit like them, can anyone who has read issue 5 and has continued collecting answer my question:
    Has Billy Taylor(That boy from issue 5) appeared in any more issues?

There may have been a brief cameo flashback in #13 but other than that, no.

Not sure whats gonna happen to any AFers after #25, from what I can gather, after reload, Tieri's gonna be concentrating on characters who where there at the beginning of the Weapon X program. So expect to see a lot of Wolvie, Sabretooth etc.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I think that's just for an arc, like with the Defection arc that's just been published.
    I may be wrong though.

Weapon X is just one of my favorites comics...

I really like it!!!!!!!!!! :P
    Rossignol d'Encoche

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I think that's just for an arc, like with the Defection arc that's just been published.
    I may be wrong though.
    I'm non to sure, it would seem from what as been mentioned elsewhere that Reload is gonna be a big shift in direction for the book. Lots of Sublime, Wolvie, Sabretooth and Fantomex. I'm gonna stick it out cos I quite enjoy the book, probably the best X thingy out there (IMHO), but I can always look on the bright side, if Aurora, Maddy and Kyle don't get used overly, chances are they might wander in the direction of the new AF.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

You're probably right, knowing the x-books, but I'm not sure after reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9955
    Frank Tieri[/url]]“We’ll see what that is in the storyline that starts in May. Overall, the main purpose of the Reload arc for us is to serve as a ‘unification bout’ to use a boxing term. For once and for all, we’re going to unify Barry Windsor-Smith’s Weapon X; Grant Morrison’s view of Weapon X, Weapon Plus; and my concept of Weapon X. For once and for all, we’re going to clear that up, which is what the title of the arc is all about : ‘War of the Programs.’”

I think perhaps I should ask the geezer and see what his plans are for the errant AFers.
    Del

They might join Uncanny Alpha Flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck
    They might join Uncanny Alpha Flight!
    And that's the way it should be. Mac/Heather, Snowbird, Puck. Shaman. Northstar, Aurora, Sas and Marrina (woken up from a very long lie in) all in line, ready to kick butt.

Diamond Lil, Maddy and Wildchild/Heart/Gonads can go to the savage land and recruit Alpha Prime, ready to debut in The Really Uncanny Alpha X.

Or Not
    Del

Default Trade Ya!

Are there any trade paperbacks available in the states for Weapon X? Just curious. I read the first issues of the series, but had to cut back to make room in my budget to complete my Ultraverse comic collection.

Yes, I am aware that collecting Ultraverse comics makes me a dork. :P

*smiles*
    "When you most feel like a sap, that's the time to make syrup."

-Major Mapleleaf (Alpha Flight, 3rd Series, Issue 1)

It does not! I collect Ultraverse comics! I'm a huge, HUGE fan of Amber Hunt and both Exiles teams, as well as the Freex, Mantra, the Strangers, and Ultraforce.

Yay! There's another UV fan out there!

I know there is a volume.one that has all the Weapon X: Name-the Drafts
    and I think Issues 1 & 2 But that's all I know

Since you collect Ultraverse Titles, can u tell me the whole lineup for "The All New Exiles"?

I Know These Characters:
    Juggernaut
    Sienna Blaze
    Amber Hunt
    Shuriken