Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Official "Your Favorite Book" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    ... the final book by Douglas Adams, the revered creator of THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, and numerous other bestselling novels. Titled THE SALMON OF DOUBT: Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time...
    I wouldn't bother, it's not that good imho... you JUST get into the story and it stops...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Well I watched the TV series of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I haven't read any of the books. I found the show weird and enjoyable. It was something totally fifferent from other sci-fi shows.
    Richard Vasseur

The books are all that and more! I loved the old BBC tv series, and radio series (I have the TV series on DVD) If you like either of them, you really should read the books.

Ben

Default Doc Who

Does any one here like the old Doctor Who TV series? Tom Baker I think was the best Doctor. He was a great character a bit out there but fun.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Replay of Ken Grimwood. The only book I read many times even with the bad translation
    Ooh, i loved this book too Syl!

Actually ive read and enjoyed a lot of the books that were mentioned here, Im really finding it hard to find a favorite... I like stuff by Robert Silverberg and Ursula K Le Guin. Im in the middle of reading "Fall of the Two Towers" by Samuel R Delany.

Default Re: Doc Who

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Does any one here like the old Doctor Who TV series? Tom Baker I think was the best Doctor. He was a great character a bit out there but fun.
    My partner loooooooooves Doctor Who! He owns so many Doctor Who books that I don't think I could count them. I didn't know the guy was so popular!

Quote Originally Posted by suzene
    Hm. My favorite book tends to change according to my mood, but right now it's 'The Silmarillion' with 'Watership Down' a close second.

Suzene
    Watership Down's my close second also, but to Kate Wilhelm's "Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang"