Thread: Catch Up Questions

When Langkowski came back as a woman didn't he end up in some court case with his ex-wife? Something to do with alimony probably.

I suppose it's great that some of our favourite Alphans are in other titles now, but it's a shame that they all seem to be scattered here, there and everywhere. Also, if Northstar is in Uncanny X-Men, does that mean that there is a chance that Aurora could join up too???? She was my favourite Alphan - does anyone know how she is with regards to her split personality and if she's a regular in Weapon X? I've been away from the comic scene for quite a few years now so have no idea what is going on in many titles.

Also, how was Snowbird cloned????

Oh and where is Talisman?

*NOTE*

I split this topic off onto one of it's own so your questions can get better answered

I'll tackle that first one! Wanda Langkowski went to court to try and get her money back from her ex-wife Veronica. Alpha Flight was broke and destitute at that point. They had just returned to earth after having gone from one epic battle to an other, just after having thier mansion distroyed in the battle with Bedlam. They had no funding, no money, and no home. It was then that Wanda decided to try and get Walter's money. She was trying to prove in court that she really was Walter, in a different body. Needless to say it didn't work out quite like she/he wanted. Luckily soon after, she became he again

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    When Langkowski came back as a woman didn't he end up in some court case with his ex-wife? Something to do with alimony probably.

I suppose it's great that some of our favourite Alphans are in other titles now, but it's a shame that they all seem to be scattered here, there and everywhere. Also, if Northstar is in Uncanny X-Men, does that mean that there is a chance that Aurora could join up too???? She was my favourite Alphan - does anyone know how she is with regards to her split personality and if she's a regular in Weapon X? I've been away from the comic scene for quite a few years now so have no idea what is going on in many titles.

Default Transfer Initiated

beetleblack wrote:

=============================================

Aurora is still as nutty as a fruit cake, she's been a regular with Weapon X since the beginning, but since the Coup she's been on the run with Maddison Jeffries, (who is still brainwashed (vol 2 Alpha, done by the Zodiac)) and the former Weapon X director. From what I can understand, Northstar made some reference to her in a recent issue of New Mutants, so we could see some developements. Issue 22/23 ? of Weapon X will feature the three I've just mentioned, quite prominently.

Snowbird was supposedly cloned by A.I.M in Wolverine 172/173 (written by Erik Larsen). The story premise has more holes than a cheese grater, but it did bring about the demise of Pseudo Mac, so it weren't all bad.

As regards to Talisman, I don't think she's been seen since the end of Vol 1 and from what I can gather, there doesn't seem to be any plans to use her anytime soon. I think we are gonna see a lot of Sas's new team with infrequent appearences from the originals. Lobdell has said that he has no plans to use any Alphans who are at present appearing in other books.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

northstar is barely being used in the x titles, aurora/madison and wildchild are barely being used in weapon x.

give them back i say!!!

and i hope your off base with the "infrequent" appearences of the originals.

wasn't that part of the downfall of series 2?

i'd really hate to compare alpha to the jla, but didn't the jla sales skyrocket when they put their original strong team together in a series? same with the avengers, it's always nice to see the rotating roster, but it's never quite the same unless captain america, iron man and thor are there.

same way i feel for alpha.

I honestly think that Lobell has plans in doing this. So far look at the evidence we have:

1. Snowbird already has a new costume design
    2. Issue #3 involves the Plodex
    3. Issue #3 seems to involve new members saving old.

I'm gonna go on the record making a prediction now. I think that Judd will become the Liason for AF to Dept H/Canadian Govn't after he and the other "oldies" are rescued by Walt's newbies. It will be then that the girl is given the codename Puck, as someone has to carry on his flame. Maybe he will take her under his wing, as he has done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    northstar is barely being used in the x titles, aurora/madison and wildchild are barely being used in weapon x.

give them back i say!!!

and i hope your off base with the "infrequent" appearences of the originals.

wasn't that part of the downfall of series 2?

i'd really hate to compare alpha to the jla, but didn't the jla sales skyrocket when they put their original strong team together in a series? same with the avengers, it's always nice to see the rotating roster, but it's never quite the same unless captain america, iron man and thor are there.

same way i feel for alpha.

You would just think that they would have learnt from the lesson last time around. I always presumed the reason it didn't succeed was because no one was interested in all the new characters that they tried to introduce. So why create an all new team (virtually) this time around??? It just seems like they are teasing us - here's Alpha Flight... but full of new members that you've never heard of... (okay, I KNOW I'm exaggerating slightly but I really want more of the old guys and gals to come back!).

Great to hear that Aurora is still "as nutty as a fruit cake" - she was always more interesting that way. Maybe she and Madison will make it back in time to join the new team? Oh and what's the deal with Persuasion??? I heard that she was a prisoner of Weapon X (in Neverland - whatever that is!) but then that there was a mix up with the colouring and it was actually Siena Blaze!!! Does anyone actually know where she is???

As for Snowbird - cloned or not - I would love to see her back. Didn't she have a child though? (Whose life spirit was stolen by Pestilence - currently I'm rereading these issues. Later, if memory serves me right, when Snowbird was killed she descended to be with her fellow Immortals and they allowed her to bring her dead husband and child with her... I think...)

I don't know if it was a lac of original characters that killed V.2. I think it was greatly due to poor advertising on Marvel's sake. They at no point made it clear that the "Evil H" plot line was just that, a temporary plot line. So people had the impression that the whole book was this corrupt government/x-files/conspiracy theory thing. And that didn't interest people. That is in my mind partially marvel's publicity people's fault, and partially Seagle's for perhaps drawing it out a little too long to keep many people's interest.

You're bang on about Snowbird and her family. They all died in the same story arch. She gave birth, Pestilence took over her baby's body, killed her husband. He took control over her, made her destroy his body, thereby killing her own child. Heather blasted Birdy in efforts to stop the death of the baby. Now all three are dead, Snowbird appeals to the northern gods to let Doug and baby-birdy ascend into paradise with her.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    You would just think that they would have learnt from the lesson last time around. I always presumed the reason it didn't succeed was because no one was interested in all the new characters that they tried to introduce. So why create an all new team (virtually) this time around??? It just seems like they are teasing us - here's Alpha Flight... but full of new members that you've never heard of... (okay, I KNOW I'm exaggerating slightly but I really want more of the old guys and gals to come back!).

Great to hear that Aurora is still "as nutty as a fruit cake" - she was always more interesting that way. Maybe she and Madison will make it back in time to join the new team? Oh and what's the deal with Persuasion??? I heard that she was a prisoner of Weapon X (in Neverland - whatever that is!) but then that there was a mix up with the colouring and it was actually Siena Blaze!!! Does anyone actually know where she is???

As for Snowbird - cloned or not - I would love to see her back. Didn't she have a child though? (Whose life spirit was stolen by Pestilence - currently I'm rereading these issues. Later, if memory serves me right, when Snowbird was killed she descended to be with her fellow Immortals and they allowed her to bring her dead husband and child with her... I think...)

yea, not really sure that the new characters killed series 2, i think it had alot to do with marvel being in bankruptcy at the time and it not having any patience for a title to get its legs under it. the new characters were o.k., i never really liked flex or radius, and the french chick never really did anything for me, just wear some earplugs and punch her lights out, what more could she do? manbot.........uggghhhh....don't even get me started on that one. and sasquatch not really being sasquatch, not bad.

but i still wanted to see the original team, and it doesn't look like this series will give me that either.

I think after the first arc we may have more of an idea where Lobdell is going with AF. He keeps mentioning this Uncanny AF thing which will involve the originals more, what with the publicity the new book is getting, plus the buzz on the news sites, I wouldn't rule anything out at present.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Personally, I liked the second series. I think what it's problem was was that Marvel didn't give a crap about it. While Deadpool and Cable sank in sales, they motivated 'months' to them. Yet when Alpha Flight needed the sam attention, they said 'Well, we got this new GAMBIT series coming out, let's just axe the Canadians and make (yet another) X Book.

The new members were alright. Not the greatest, but certainly not the worst.

Now...as far as where the other Alphans are:

NORTHSTAR - Uncanny X-Men - They hardly use him. I think that this title is a disaster. They've brought in so many members, that they couldn't possibly use them all. I think they need to deport him so he could help Alpha Flight.

AURORA, WILDCHILD, JEFFRIES - Weapon X - I like them in this book. Although they are rarely used (Wild Child is used more than the other two), They definitely need to bring them back. And as far as Aurora's sanity...I think that they supressed Jean-Marie and let the Aurora personality have control. (I'll have to reread the series so far to check).

I'm a little wary of this new series. Give me Heather, Puck, Sasquatch, and the rest for the roster, and I think I would be happier.

-Mystic