Poll: Should we rename the forum?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Forum Name

Default The Forum Name

Since it shares a name with the Alpha Waves mailing list:

Should we rename the forum?

I was gonna vote no, but as you pointed out, we share a name with the mailing list, so a diferent name might be an idea.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yah, if it weren't for the mailing list having the same name, I would say there is no need, but for the sake of avoiding complications...

It could also be fun to hold a "Name The Forum" contest

How about 'The All New, All Different Alpha Waves' in honour of Vol 3
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well, I'm curious to see what the letters page in V.3 is called. That may influence any final decision.

What about : 'Alphamale' ?

what? wrong spelling? oups!!!!

How about "Uncanny Alpha Waves"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Well, I'm curious to see what the letters page in V.3 is called. That may influence any final decision.
    It's just called "Alpha Flight"

#1 features a whole page of Scott talking about why he loves AF.

Default Name That Tune...

What about "Clearly Canuck" or "Canada Not-So-Dry"?
    "When you most feel like a sap, that's the time to make syrup."

-Major Mapleleaf (Alpha Flight, 3rd Series, Issue 1)

I don't really care what it is called, I can usually think up quite a lot of names for stuff but I'm not in Usual mode

Well, it seems most people are either in favour of a change, or indiffernt, and that would lean me towards changing it. If anyone has suggestion, as many as you like, please send them to me! You can do so either in a private message, or through email (ben@alphaflight.net). I'll gather them for about a week, then I'll post all the suggestions in a new poll, and we can all vote for our favorite.

As long as it's not called 'Alpha Bits'.

But I rather like the name of the forums right now. Kinda nostalgic towards the first run of the series.

-Mystic

I don't mind if the name is changed but I do like the way it is now.
    Richard Vasseur

Question is what would you be renaming it to?
    -Arcade

At this point I think I'm happy keeping it as it is. It's been Alpha Waves for almost 9 months now, and all the places that link to it have that name.

Ben