Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old characters/new uniforms

Hybrid View

Default old characters/new uniforms

i saw the redesign on snowbird, looked sharp.

i'm really hoping they change some of the older unfiforms for the better.

heather has had a few incarnations of hers, same with shaman. pucks in volume 2 was horrible, and they better keep guardians as is, excpet get rid of that pepe-le-pu stripe down the helmet.

best costume in all the marvel universe.

I love the designs Ed did a while back! I think you should repost the link Ed, I can't seem to track it down. It was faithfull to the origonal costumes, but modernized.

I also like Birdie's new uniform. I loved her origonal costume, but if it's going to be updated, I have no complaints.

Ben

Do you think any of the originals will have Armour ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Re: old characters/new uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    best costume in all the marvel universe.
    Right on. The most iconic costume of any team book character, IMO. Changing the Guardian costume would be flat out wrong.

Anyone know where I can see a pic of the all new Snowbird - as I'm gagging to see her????

here ya go:

Cool - thanks, Ben!

OMG - I'm not sure if I like it completely... It wasn't really what I was expecting and how come she has normal eyes? (I guess this is just a rough sketch so the eyes may be a mistake).

I like the fact that the headress has echoes of the original, I'm just not sure about the rest of the outfit - the boots particularly look a bit chunky!

Why does she remind me of Polaris????

Wow that pictures great. reminds me alot of henery's magik (have her as the wallpaper of my com)

i can't wait to see his guardian.

i really hope they got rid of that stripe down the front of his helmet.

AMEN!

I don't know why they ever kept that. That was a mark of clone-boy, not that of the real Mac!

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i can't wait to see his guardian.

i really hope they got rid of that stripe down the front of his helmet.

Sorry, I couldn't resist fiddling with the above image of the new Snowbird - the change is only slight and there is NOT a prize for the 'spot the difference'!

You know, I kinda like Snowbird's eyes being 'normal' now, and here's why. Since her resurrection, Narya's really without a purpose. She's basically done her job. While I'm sure the gods brought her back (it was said in an issue of Wolverine that they had a hand in her resurrection) for a reason, maybe that's not the case... or maybe her purpose is totally different from what we might think. Narya always wanted to live life as a human, to experience the full range of humanity with her husband and son. And they were taken away from her. Maybe Narya was finally given that chance: to live life as a human instead of a demigod. But she can't do so with the family that she wanted so badly. So maybe this is just an outward sign of this new phase in Narya's life... am I talking rubbish here, people?

Rubbish ? No you weren't talking rubbish, babbling a little, maybe If you want to see rubbish :
    We all know that AIM couldn't in any way get Naryas DNA? Cos we all know that her original body is being used by Walter. However, if they took the DNA from her dead son and grew a clone from that, then we could have a Narya, with more human characterictics, because her son was a human/goddess hybrid. So this cloned Snowbird, could possibly have the transmorphic powers and human biology. Now as to how Snowbird retains memories from her mother/grandmother Snowbird is a bit of a riddle, but I'm sure someone could come up with a reason, or maybe not
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Maybe if they used Walter's DNA they could get a Narya with human eyes - after all he is in her body... kinda...

Do we know for sure that Snowbird will have human eyes? I haven't seen her since her cloning in anything so don't know...