Thread: Pt 4: Nemesis

(Though I'd love to get the X-MEN to show up wearing battle armor! Tee hee.)

An other superb article Jason! I'm really glad to see the return of Nemesis, and I like the fact that this is the "origonal". I've hope for a long time that someone would write a story combining the two versions into one...He also hits that it could be somone else that others would recognize...I wonder who?

Promo Art?! I want Promo Art!!!

And MAN that battle armour joke was great. I've only HEARD of this terrible appearance, but if somone has any pics out there, please send my way, it would make a great trashing article on alphaflight.net

As we get closer and closer, and get little bits of info, I'm getting SO excited!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    And MAN that battle armour joke was great. I've only HEARD of this terrible appearance, but if somone has any pics out there, please send my way, it would make a great trashing article on alphaflight.net
    I'm on it...

Sasquatch in armour vs Cain Marko (Juggernaut):
    http://membres.lycos.fr/forumlesxmen...men433_4_5.jpg
    Rossignol d'Encoche

aaaaaaaahhhhhh nooooooo! Ok, that has to be one of the stupidest things I've seen in years! What is this? Is tha Alpha Flight as they would have been in the Image Universe?

Ben (shaking his head in disgust)

Trust me mate, there are worse shots than that.

As soon as I'm home I'll sort summit.

Another:

Sasquatch and Guardian:
    Rossignol d'Encoche

I just don't see why these outfits are so terrible. Why does everyone hate them so much? They weren't meant to be regular field uniforms; they were specifically to take down the Hulk, and thus were being used against an opponent that could be considered analogous to the Hulk. They knew they would be fighting the Juggernaut, and they wanted to be prepared. I know I, for one, like the battle armor. Gives Alpha Flight a more modern edge.

zounds! That's nasty!

I can answer your question from my point of view Dani.

I coupld have probably accepted it if it was just Guardian's suite that was revamped like this, as it's not such a huge stretch since he's already wearing battle armour in a way. but follow me on this.

- Guardian'tsprotection is in the form or an electromagnetic field, I can't see what difference bulky armour is going to make, if the same electromagnetic field is surrounding him.

- Not sure if heather was in this issue, it looks like her in the background.. but she would be in the same boat as Mac

- Sasquatch's Strenght is just shy of the Hulk's, or at least it was until Marvel started to write him weaker. He could go blow for blow with the big grean guy and come out okay.

- Snowbird, again, not sure if she's in this one, but she does all her fighting, or at least most of it in non-human form. Armour will make do diff for her! And besides, what's battle-armour gonna do for the child of the northern gods?

- Puck, he fights with agillity, the bulky armour would just serve to impede him

To me, it's change for chage sake, not change for any real valid reason...but that's just me eh?

the armor was just the tip of the iceburgh. the fact that austen wrote alpha flight so far out of character is what drove me up a wall.

I guess I'm with the majority when it comes to the armour. Heather and Guardian yeah, but only if it's going to enhance their strength tenfold, the original Guardian costume gave the wearer the strength to lift three ton, this was changed to seven when Heather wore her version. However, considering that Heather and Macs power derive mainly from blasts from Gauntlets, seems pointles for them to wear armour.

Sas is at least class 70 while Jugs is virtually unstoppable and I think probably class 100, but that shouldn't make a diference if Sas is backed up by the other two. Putting any of them in armour seems stupid and only seems to have been done to reinforce how powerful Jugs really is, or it was just another writer dissing on AF.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

When, exanctly did the MU weaken Sasquatch? He was class 100! Typical of Marvel to lessen the power of AF Grrrrr this subject is a pet peeve of mine

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Sas is at least class 70 while Jugs is virtually unstoppable and I think probably class 100, but that shouldn't make a diference if Sas is backed up by the other two. Putting any of them in armour seems stupid and only seems to have been done to reinforce how powerful Jugs really is, or it was just another writer dissing on AF.

In his first appearence, he held a DC-10 still against full thrust, which would suggest he was well above class 100, but when the original guide to the MU came out, he was classified as Class 70+, I would reckon that now he should be at least 90+, (The Thing went from 15 ton lift, pres, to the 85+ class, so Sas should have increased his stengt limit too, IMHO)

All that suggests is that he didn't need armour and Austen don't have a clue.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

yep, my point exactly with the DC 10 Del. It alone is 250 tons, putting the thrust asside, the text says he did it easily and just tossed it away agains the thrust. To me, he's "Earth's Second Mightiest Mortal" if you count him as mortal with his origins...