Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #3 Solicitation

Default #3 Solicitation

ALPHA FLIGHT #3
    Written by Scott Lobdell
    Pencils & Cover by Clayton Henry
    "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME" pt. 3 (of 6)
    The All-New, All-Different Alpha Flight -- led by everyone's favorite Chewbacca
    look-alike, Sasquatch -- unites to tackle the menace of the Plodex. But will
    Canada's newest, hippest fighting force be able to save their maple-leaf-clad
    forefathers in time? Could this be -- gasp! -- the end of Puck, the Killer
    Canuck?
    32 PGS./MARVEL PSR ...$2.99
    UPC: 5960605518-00311

Wow, they are really throwing the new team agains some heavy obsticles early on!!!

Nope, you're probably thinking of the phalanx, Plodex is the race that Marrina was birthed from. Hopefully this will spell her return...finally!

Ben

I'm sensing the plodex being used in exactly the same way as Krakoa, the living island from GSXM #1 (who Scott sorta re-used over in Gen. X #24)....

I'm liking the idea of a clearly defined story arc, 'part three of six', got a nice ring to it

Marrina wakes up from her long sleep, (maybe) the last part of the classic Alpha ensemble.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The plodex would certainly hint possibilites of it being possible.

Yes, and especially since we already know the origonal crew is involved in the Plodex battle...

Shot in the dark: Origonal Alpha goes to find Marrina, gets caught by plodex, has to be saved by new Alpha...Marrina pops up and the world is a good place again

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Yes, and especially since we already know the origonal crew is involved in the Plodex battle...

Shot in the dark: Origonal Alpha goes to find Marrina, gets caught by plodex, has to be saved by new Alpha...Marrina pops up and the world is a good place again

Ben
    Uncanny Alpha appears on the book shelves, Marrina is captured by Rex Hunt (A recurring villian throughout the series)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'm curious where you saw this preview Phil. Was there a pic? I'm pic hungry

Ben

The leaked marvel text solicits.

The pics should be out end of next week.

Here is the cover:

Me I like what I see!!!!!
    Rossignol d'Encoche

the old man is sleeping.

they must have made 'ol sasquatch mad.

Gotta admit that all the covers so far have looked real good, but does the above cover give the impression that Sas is facing off against his new team mates?
    Del

Awsome! I love it! I've already updated .net's news

Del, I think he's ready to wring their necks with frustration. Centenial is sleeping, Captain Canuck's kid looks like his just widdled in his undies. I think he's just fed up with them not knowing how to be heroes.

Ben