Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Like Me...

Default If Like Me...

If like me you don't happen to have the Alpha Flight toys (my Northstar and Aurora having made their escape at the suggestion of my errant Eric Draven) then I would like to draw your atention to the following

http://www.draddog.com/toys/retailaf/alphaflight/ and

http://www.toyfan.com/alpha.php

There are probably places that sell the reverse Guardian, but I really can't be arsed to look.

The reason I am bringing up old figures, I came across the links while looking for somthing else and came over all nostalgic
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

But Del, should I take my figures out of the packets?

Tell me what I can do with my figures, Del......

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    But Del, should I take my figures out of the packets?

Tell me what I can do with my figures, Del......

Why? what you should do ******* is, putting your figures to one side for a moment, take some sticky back plastic, a fairy liquid bottle, some crepe (sp) paper and felt tips, use you bloody initiative and model yourself a scale model of Crystallium, then using a well polished Iron Man figure as Crystar, you can re-anact the whole sodding story from Crystar 11. Alternatively, you can shove the things up your ****.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

ewwwwwww.....

but won't that decrease the value of them on the open market?

You could always poly-bag them first I suppose.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    but what about the smell?
    I think the figures are in stiff plastic, plus they don't have nasal receptors, so I don't think the odour should be an issue
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    using a well polished Iron Man figure as Crystar, you can re-anact the whole sodding story from Crystar 11.
    The guest appearance in ROM was a MUCH better story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez
    using a well polished Iron Man figure as Crystar, you can re-anact the whole sodding story from Crystar 11.
    The guest appearance in ROM was a MUCH better story.
    Thats a fair point, given that ROM only existed as a comic cos of the toy line, however, not wanting to throw a spanner into the works, but I don't recall a Shaman or Marrina figure being produced, but I do have a solution to that.

To make a Shaman figure, firstly buy the rare, but available 'Street Walker Barbie' (this has black hair and massive jugs), cut off the jugs and put them aside for later. Platt the hair into a thick ponytail, originating at the nape of the neck, giving your figure that 'Country Joe Fish' Woodstock look. Wrap plasters around the chest to fill in the hole where the jugs use to be, this also gives your figure a six pack (essential for any modern day hero). Buy some green felt and create a Shamanesque uniform, put any leftovers aside for now and there ya go, your very own Shaman figure.

For your Marrina figure.

1. Catch a frog by subduing it with martial arts.
    2. Empty your frog of all internal organs (put these aside for later)
    3. Bond some metal substance to the exposed frog ribs.
    4. Bond metal rings to the spare jugs you had leftover from your Shaman figure.
    5. Arc weld the jugs to the ribs.
    6. Sew up your frog around the jugs.
    7. Paint jugs and scar with green paint.
    8. Using the leftover felt from your Shaman costume and fashion a bikini from it. (Dress your frog)
    9. Using the cast aside intestines, cut these into half inch lengths and soak in green paint overnight.
    10 Attach to green card and nail the resulting pseudo hair onto your frog.
    There ya go, one Marrina figure.

As an added extra you can scrunch up all the left over offal from your frog, cover it with transperent glue, let it dry and there ya go, Marrina's mate.

Hope this helps.
    Del

Wow Del, that's amazing, but what would you suggest for the 'Scramble the Mixed-up Man as Omega' figurine?

Thats a fair point, given that ROM only existed as a comic cos of the toy line, however, not wanting to throw a spanner into the works, but I don't recall a Shaman or Marrina figure being produced, but I do have a solution to that.

To make a Shaman figure, firstly buy the rare, but available 'Street Walker Barbie' (this has black hair and massive jugs), cut off the jugs and put them aside for later. Platt the hair into a thick ponytail, originating at the nape of the neck, giving your figure that 'Country Joe Fish' Woodstock look. Wrap plasters around the chest to fill in the hole where the jugs use to be, this also gives your figure a six pack (essential for any modern day hero). Buy some green felt and create a Shamanesque uniform, put any leftovers aside for now and there ya go, your very own Shaman figure.

For your Marrina figure.

1. Catch a frog by subduing it with martial arts.
    2. Empty your frog of all internal organs (put these aside for later)
    3. Bond some metal substance to the exposed frog ribs.
    4. Bond metal rings to the spare jugs you had leftover from your Shaman figure.
    5. Arc weld the jugs to the ribs.
    6. Sew up your frog around the jugs.
    7. Paint jugs and scar with green paint.
    8. Using the leftover felt from your Shaman costume and fashion a bikini from it. (Dress your frog)
    9. Using the cast aside intestines, cut these into half inch lengths and soak in green paint overnight.
    10 Attach to green card and nail the resulting pseudo hair onto your frog.
    There ya go, one Marrina figure.

As an added extra you can scrunch up all the left over offal from your frog, cover it with transperent glue, let it dry and there ya go, Marrina's mate.

Hope this helps.
    What lovely tips (and no, I'm not refering to Street Walker Barbie's!) - but are you sure that Biddy Baxter would approve? Erm if you can't get hold of a frog, would a newt do????

I too have considered getting the figures but then what to do when I get them! The whole opening them or keeping them MOC (that's Mint On Card for those who don't live with a pedantic He-Man collector!) is a thorny issue. For me I wouldn'tg see much point in having the figures if I couldn't take them out the packet and pose them, keeping them MOC is only really important if you're going to resell them later on surely??? (I have to say that I just DON'T understand this whole MOC business - we have cupboards full of carded figures - WHY WHY WHY...)

My AF figures live on tiop of my computer When I'm waiting for something to download, or some such thing, I'll pull them down and play with them Hey, the ARE toys after all!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    What lovely tips (and no, I'm not refering to Street Walker Barbie's!) - but are you sure that Biddy Baxter would approve? Erm if you can't get hold of a frog, would a newt do????
    A newt doesn't have the same emphatic eyes, but I did once create Namorita using one.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    I too have considered getting the figures but then what to do when I get them! The whole opening them or keeping them MOC (that's Mint On Card for those who don't live with a pedantic He-Man collector!) is a thorny issue. For me I wouldn'tg see much point in having the figures if I couldn't take them out the packet and pose them, keeping them MOC is only really important if you're going to resell them later on surely??? (I have to say that I just DON'T understand this whole MOC business - we have cupboards full of carded figures - WHY WHY WHY...)
    Maybe one for posing and one kept as MOC. What do I know?
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Wow Del, that's amazing, but what would you suggest for the 'Scramble the Mixed-up Man as Omega' figurine?
    I'm working on this, but trying to get sheep offal to do anything but spread into a glutonous (I know it's not spelt right, or is it ?) mess is proving to be a problem. I'm experimenting with half a leg of lamb and superglue.
    Del