Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Omega: Alpha Flight

when I saw that new post sign, I was hoping it meant issue 3 is up!
    I'll be first to read it!

I read issue #3 and it was good

One Question:
    wasn't Beta Flight supposed to be in the clutches of those Doctors?
    but in issue #3 we find them eating peacefully in the cafeteria(or whatever)

Hehe, actually, you'll find out the answer to that one later. They weren't taking Beta Flight out of play, just... doing things to them.

I hope all of you are checking out my fanfic, dern it! If you can't remember the addy, it's at http://omega.rlk7.com so give it a go! And let me know how you like it!

That's not the link actually...this is the link...http://omega.rlk7.com/

just read #3 and I really like your style. Good writting even make me enjoy the story with characters I don't really like and a gouv. conspiracy that I don't really believe. I'm starting to like the conspiracy angle. Very good writting.

Sylvie

New Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Puck
    BTW Are you Dani_Moonstar from NM.net?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    Why yes, I am. Who are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck
    I am CosmicMoonstar
    Wow, how many of us on are here anyways? :laugh: I think I recall seeing Regret make a few posts as well..

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

.....Reyes_Crawler from NewMutants.net (or could just post its new name...)

Sorry for the off topicness.

Been meaning to read the fics, just haven't gottent ot them yet.

Alright Major, you're getting too much high praise here! I'm going to have to check it out!!

As well you should. It's an awesome series (like I haven't said that before ). I was hoping that #4 was going to be in this batch of updates, and was slightly upset when it wasn't there. I'll be patient until it's out, though...

Cheers,
    Mystic

I'm SO sorry that it wasn't ready in time, guys! I'm still having some trouble hammering out some of the details of this issue (and a LOT happens this issue), and I just released Moonstar #1 there as well... so I'm been kinda crunched for time.

But I just want you guys to know that I really appreciate your kind words. It's my first piece of writing EVER revealed to anyone else besides myself, and I'm glad that true Alpha fans can read and enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    I'm SO sorry that it wasn't ready in time, guys! I'm still having some trouble hammering out some of the details of this issue (and a LOT happens this issue), and I just released Moonstar #1 there as well... so I'm been kinda crunched for time.

But I just want you guys to know that I really appreciate your kind words. It's my first piece of writing EVER revealed to anyone else besides myself, and I'm glad that true Alpha fans can read and enjoy it!
    It's like continuing where Vol.2 left off. It's great to see that I wasn't the only one who liked it. The characters seem true to form, and (so far) there hasn't really been a dull moment. Sorry if it seems I'm over-praising the series (three comments, yeesh!), but here's hoping that my endeavor into AF fanfic goes this well.

Cheers,
    -Mystic

Just to let everyone know, we've got an update on the Alpha Flight series over at Marvel Omega. So if anyone wants to take a gander, please go read my work! LOL.

URL: http://omega.rlk7.com

Default Marvel Omega: Alpha Flight

Great fiction, Major Maple Leaf, Jr.! A few tidbits:

1) I noticed James and Heather's daughter is named Jamie. Is this a name you gave her, or is this the name she's going to have in the Marvel series?

2) I like Murmur's attitude towards Snowbird: a mix of admiration, envy, and fear.

SPOILER!

3) This spoiler is meant for those who haven't read chapters 4 and 5 yet. I almost cried when Shaman died! It looks as if Snowbird will be taking over Earthmover's training. And what will Elizabeth Twoyougmen think about all this? (BTW, I think Elizabeth, along with Marrina, is one of the most underused characters of Alpha. Hope you'll consider bringing her in!)

Incidentally, in three other Alpha fanfics I've read, Shaman has been fatally ill in two (Unstable Molecules: Alpha Flight #1 by Zack Crane; and "I Remember" by Michael Dillon ); and killed off in the third, (Marvel Anthology: "Forgotten Heroes"#4 by David Little). Why does everyone want to kill off Shaman, anyway?? (Probably because he's one of the few Alpha heroes who hasn't died already! ) :P

Thank you much, Birdy! It really means a lot to me to hear such positive feedback, especially from a TRUE Flight Fanatic!

1.) I gave Mac and Heather's baby the name myself... I was hard-pressed to come up with something good, something that fit the two of them, but I thought that with Heather's rather turbulent history with Mac, she might choose to name her daughter after James. What do you think?

2.) Thank you! I just hope I captured Snowbird's character alright... she's one of the most difficult characters in the series for me to write properly. Did I do a good job? Any criticisms? Don't be shy!

3.) I'm kinda iffy on bringing Liz in, but even if I don't, I promise that I won't just ignore her... I'll explain what she's doing that is so important that it keeps her away from Alpha Flight. As for Marrina... well, you know where she's at now.