Thread: someone please explain to me...

Default someone please explain to me...

what happened to mac in volume 2.

he gets mortally wounded in a exercise with wolverine, signs some papers, then has some clones?

no mention of this in volume 1 and no real explination as to what happened. unless i missed it.

anyone?

My take on what happened is, Mac got severely wounded by Wolvie at some time before he joined the X. (Given that in UXM #109, Wolvie is surprised to see Mac in an Union suit, would suggest Mac never fought Wolvie before then, but like continuity has ever been a boundry to writing AF). So with Mac wounded, Dept H offers him full medical cover if he signs up to the Prometheus project. (Prometheus is a geezer from Greek Mythology (? Roman) who pissed off the elder gods and was punished by having to fart about on a beach all day having his liver munched by birds, only to be reborn each morning for the whole process to begin again). This suggest that after Mac was presumed dead in #130, Seagle ran with the idea of the Prometheus thing to be able to use his version of Mac (A clone).

Story was, that it wasn't going to be Mac Sas found in the artic, but Gambit. Marvel changed that, plus with the upcoming demise of AF Vol 2, Seagle decided to re-introduce the real Mac and Larsen took that further by offing Clone Mac. Or somthing like that.

The whole Pseudo Mac, clone bollacks was a product of Seagles need to be original, I suppose, no mention of any of it before Vol 2 #1
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

i am still confused.

no wonder series 2 got axed.