Thread: Return Of The King

Default Return Of The King

Finally got to see this tonight, I was going to wait for the DVD, but my daughter took me as an early B/Day present. I loved it, a couple of little niggles, but not bad enough to spoil my enjoyment. I'm still waiting for the DVD to finish the set, but now that I've seen it, I don't have to attempt the books.

Also saw a couple of trailers that piqued my interest. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askeban (sp). I like the HP films, don't have to think overly when watching them.
    Also Spidey 2 , Doc Ock looks mental, but the way the arms connect etc, not what I expected. Wasn't to keen on Spidey 1, but 2 looks a lot more interesting.

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I totally agree about "Return Of The King". Not everything was how I would have like to see it done, but still an absolutely amazing film!

And Spidy 2 does look awsome!!! But then again, I love comic book films, even the really bad ones from the 80s

Ben

Default The Academy Agrees...

...by making the Return of the King the biggest winner of the night, taking a total of what? Eleven awards or something like that?

Way to go Peter Jackson.
    "When you most feel like a sap, that's the time to make syrup."

-Major Mapleleaf (Alpha Flight, 3rd Series, Issue 1)

yep, they were nominated for 11, and won all 11! That's a tie for the highest number of oscars!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    yep, they were nominated for 11, and won all 11! That's a tie for the highest number of oscars!

And 'Les Invasions barbares' won in the best movie in foreign language, Youppi!!! Just have to see it now

yah, I was happy to see that. I hadn't seen any of the nominated films, but I heard Canada, and was happy

I totally agree about "Return Of The King". Not everything was how I would have like to see it done, but still an absolutely amazing film!

And Spidy 2 does look awsome!!! But then again, I love comic book films, even the really bad ones from the 80s

Ben
    And I agree with you, Ben. However, I think Jackson was more true to the book on this one than he was on the other two.
    Talking about comic book-based movies; has anyone seen the trailer for "Hellboy"? I've not read the book, but the movie looks to be cool.

yah, I was happy to see that. I hadn't seen any of the nominated films, but I heard Canada, and was happy
    What you never heard about Les invasions Barbares? They won at Cannes the best scenario and the best actress. They also won at the French's Oscar conterpart, The Césare, best scenario, best director and best movie. And I'm not saying what they won at the Jutra.

I just need to see the movie now

I've been in the dark for a very long tim...literally. This past month is the first time in 5 years that I have not been working midnights, and during that long stretch world seemed to keep moving, while I stopped. It's been quite a shock trying to catch up.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    What you never heard about Les invasions Barbares? They won at Cannes the best scenario and the best actress. They also won at the French's Oscar conterpart, The Césare, best scenario, best director and best movie. And I'm not saying what they won at the Jutra.

I just need to see the movie now