Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what would you like to see in series 3?

Default what would you like to see in series 3?

i was thinking:

a new beta flight.

the return of talisman.

classic guardian costume without the clone.

classic alpha flight.

return of the master.

return of the dream queen.

lasting past 20 issues

a male puck.

the heather baby thing (really not sure what else to call that one)

return of wildchild, aurora and northstar to the team.

and finally, i am really not into heather being in a costume, it never did anything for me, always felt like it was kind of pushed on the readers.

Well, since I already know my favorite character's on the team, my vote is to see Mr. Jeffries back...and as himself. I have always thought he, if his powers were fully explored, could be one of the most powerful mutants in the MU

I would just like to see some loose ends cleared up.

1. A new Beta, but some hint at what has happened to the others.

2. Clear up exactly what has happened to Diamond Lil

3. A foundation laid out, headquarters and a regular team for a good 10- 11 issues and then start building from there.

Basically a drawing of a line, one side where the past is cleared up and then a way forward with new ideas.

Oh and plus it has to be respectful to the team.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

This is what I'd like to see:

1. Madison (as Box), Windshear and Talisman back on the team.

2. The Master, revamped and with a working plan for world domination.

3. An explanation about what would happen if Snowbird bleeds. (See AF V1 #12)

4. The Wendigo.

5. New characters outside of Dept. H. (Friends, family, lovers, etc.)

Lobdell wrote some great character-driven stories when he penned the X-men, I hope he does with AF3 as well.

So how's this old gem been measuring up?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

For me:

1) Tie up the old Betas storyline, and destroy the synthoids as tragically flawed

2) New Omega Flight lead by old Afers

3) Dreamqueen returns to be AF's #1 enemy ahead of Omega Flight

4) Puck have cool powers (I already mentioned the possibility of density or momentum control being her power)

5) Deal with SHIELD in a storyline about 'you can't trust Canada to do the right thing...'

6) ummmmmm Old AFers cleared up as to what is going on with them (even if it means some are dead or enemies)

7) I too would like Box back as himself but I guess the new characters need time to win battles too.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I guess the missing AF, BF members(Murmur, Flex, Ghost Girl, Manikin, Feedback, etc...) could all be prisoners at Neverland(not that I want them ALL to be, but it would be a good explanation for their disappearances). Diamond Lil is there, after all....and Persuasion was said to be there too......though we never saw her(due to an art error...HA-HA! Marvel).

I would like to see several things cleared up.

We got to see Walter's ex-wife(in a couple of stories), but never his son(who's probably a teen, by now....he could be a mutant, with his dad playing around with radiation since college, you know)....I'm all for the introduction of family, friends, lovers, etc...outside of AF, like Legerd suggested. Walter's mother was also said to be living in Vancouver, but we never saw her either(if she's still alive, that is).

I'd like the originals to return and mesh with the new folks. Maybe Major Mapleleaf could become the new Guardian??? While Heather and Mac run Dept H(and raise baby girl Hudson)??? New line-up could be....Guardian IV(MM), Sasquatch, Snowbird, Talisman(yes, I think she should return),Centennial and Puck(I'm not sure which one yet, but I'd rather have the original)....Shaman could concentrate on training Earthmover(who I really don't care for).

Definitely the Wendigo and the Great Beasts!

The Marrina plotline NEEDS to be settled once and for all.....either bring her back or kill her off....sheesh!

The Master is apparently dead(thanks to Warbird), but he did play around with cloning....could he have backup bodies????

I'm glad Flashback's being dealt with....that's one plotline that may be tied up....finally.

I too would like to see Wildchild leave Weapon X(since it's cancelled, anyway)....and return to the world of AF(as either a hero or villain....although he was better as a villain...i.e. his first appearances in AF).

Graviton should make an appearance in Canada(he is Canadian, after all)....he might be a fun villain for AF.

Caliber should return....maybe on a new Omega Flight team??

I'd like to see Witchfire return, but as a villain....Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Dana

What I'd like to see from this point on (9/23/04):

1. Leaving the new team together and actually keeping the originals in the background. I like the new team, what can I say?

2. I'd like to see Wyre brought back and killed off as soon as possible

3. No Beta Flight! Things get way too complicated when you have to start keeping track of over a dozen different characters spread across 2 teams in one book.

4. Lobdell and Henry stay on the title for years on end much like Claremont did with the X-Men creating a wonderful run of over 300 issues and firmly establishing AF as a must read book.

5. I'd like to see Wyre brought back and eaten alive by the new Plodex boy.

Caliber does need to show up. But for only one page and have Rutherford off handedly slap him senseless. With his cheap Iron Man knock off armor and his idiotic Dr. Doom complex he's nothing more than comic relief nowadays.

Except for his appearance in the sale-meeting with the 1st Brass Bishop, Calibur always seemed to be a herald for Delphine Courtney, so I always asumed he had something to do with her or Roxxon, probably as an unwitting dupe.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Y'know, Snowbird did bleed. In #6, during her 'Snowblind' fight, she bled. Then she just healed herself.

Then, six issues later, she said she mustn't.
    Both by Byrne, btw.

I wonder what that's about?

When was Caliber ever anything but a comic relief?

- Le Messor
    "Be alert. The world needs more lerts."

Maybe Snowbird was terrified of bleeding outside of Canada? I don't know.
    As for Caliber...lighten up everybody....I merely suggested him as a villain, because AF has a major shortage of villains(most of them being dead, and all). If he's part of a new Omega Flight, he could still be the butt of jokes, comedic relief, etc...

Dana

I like the idea of using him down the road, and puttin some of AF's "B" vilains together would make them more effective.

Now, speaking of Caliber, dunno if anyone else has ever noticed this, but I want you to take AF #25, page 4, and AF #121 page 16 (where puck is jumping him) Notice anything?

Ben

I would hazard that the are both the same pic of Caliber, but the second has been magnified, cropped and had Puck added to the mix.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I've just started reading superhero titles after a 10 year break, just in time for the new Alpha Flight series.

Really, I think the series needs a new writer (or at least a new mood). Am I the only one who hates the lame jokey-ness of it? I'd prefer a much more serious approach to this series.

The art is stellar - some of the best to grace the pages of Alpha Flight since it's original inception.
    Sob Story
    My daily autobiographical comic strip.