Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clayton Henry & Alpha Flight Characters

Default Clayton Henry & Alpha Flight Characters

Hi everybody, to see more on AF go check out: http://www.comicon.com/pulse/ - MM

thanks for the link.

i will wait for everyone else to look and read the article before they find out who the new girl is in the series before i comment.

needless to say i am not happy.

WOW! Great stuff Mike! It gives me mixed emmotions. I like the art style, can't say for sure without seeing a full page though. I'm confused about the whole Puck thing...that's gotta be his illigitimate child or something...It's great to see they plan to use Snowbird! I don't think a costume chage was needed, but if it's gotta be done...I don't hate it

Ben - The glass is half full!

i'm glad he said he was a fan of guardians costume, hopefully that won't be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i'm glad he said he was a fan of guardians costume, hopefully that won't be changed.
    Agreed, if he has any say in that of course. I would immage a lot of those changes are an editorial decision. "Hey, Mr Artist, I want you to desight a new coustume for ......"

Ben

i am still shaking my head about that potential puck re-design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    WOW! Great stuff Mike! It gives me mixed emmotions. I like the art style, can't say for sure without seeing a full page though. I'm confused about the whole Puck thing...that's gotta be his illigitimate child or something...It's great to see they plan to use Snowbird! I don't think a costume chage was needed, but if it's gotta be done...I don't hate it

Ben - The glass is half full!
    I'm with you Ben. You seem to have covered all the things I wanted to say. If they change Puck into a member of a girl band, we are gonna have one p/oed Seng wandering about. Snowbird is a classic character, nearly thirty years old and as you wouldn't change Caps costume, I don't think hers needed any tweaking. That said, I'm getting that sense of anticipation about a comic I've not had for a long time.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Okay... I'm gonna try not to swear here.

In fact, I think a single image will surfice:

Puck 2???????????????????

Give it five issues and then Snowbird will give it some of that "by the power of Greyskull" routine she did with Walt/Wanda and there ya go, Pucks back.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default What the PUCK?!?!?!?!?!?

That's Puck? Puck? Puck?? I think I'm having a coniption. Whoever decided to replace a classic character with this must be eviscerated!!

Snowbird's costume was rather 80s and could've done with an update, but the new look... a bit too 'rings and straps' for me. Not enough 'goddess'.

Seng (not happy Jan!!)

yah, I was pretty curious as to how you would react to that one Seng! Now you know how I felt when they made my favortie character change sex!

Ben

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

Last week Comicon wonder Jen Contino interviewed artist Clayton Henry (Exiles) on his upcoming series Alpha Flight. On the discussion boards she casually mentioned that a female character (pictured at left) will be the new Puck in the monthly book, taking the place of the little dude comic fans are familiar with. “I’m pretty sure it's Puck,” Contino wrote. “At least I think the file for art I received was labeled ‘Puck.’"

Jen’s comments soon sparked numerous discussions about the possible change. To find out if the rumor was indeed true, I managed to get a few of my Puck inquiries to Alpha Flight writer Scott Lobdell (thanks to SBC facilitator Jason Brice) . “Yes, the character who will eventually (after a year) take the name of Puck, is female,” confirmed Lobdell. “She is also very hot, and very CanadAsian, and very much like a certain jug eared little guy who originally went by that name! And, much like Eugene Judd himself, this young woman has sort of "hyper-gymnastic" abilities that make her at once fun and formidable!

When asked why he decide to make the change, Lobdell answered, “Why the change?! Didn't you hear -- Life is about change!

“If there wasn't change, we never would have had Tony McGuire as SPIDER-MAN because Stan Lee's publisher told him no one was interested in teen super heroes -- that teens were only sidekicks! We wouldn't have had the family dynamics of the FANTASTIC FOUR, because heroes are supposed to get along, not bicker like real people! We wouldn't have had STORM and NIGHTCRAWLER and COLOSSUS if the X-MEN hadn't changed into the ALL NEW, ALL DIFFERENT X-MEN! GENERATION X?! AGE OF APOCALYPSE?! ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN?! THE ULTIMATES?! (And lets not even get started on the modern day versions of GREEN LANTERN and the FLASH! And what about SMALLVILLE?!?) Dude, if we the audience didn't crave change, Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale would be sitting on a sidewalk somewhere sharing a flaming barrel instead of being one of them greatest comic book storytellling teams in the industry!)

“Change is good!

“Change rocks!

“Why change?! I ask thee -- why NOT change?!”

Resisting the sudden urge to sing “Man In the Mirror”, I also asked Scott whether or not the old Puck would make his way into the new series. “Will the "Old Puck" make his way into the series?! Well for starters, don't let Eugene hear you call him the Old Puck!” Lobdell wrote. “And for enders, he and Guardian, and Vindicator, and Snowbird, and Shaman and the other guy who's name I always forget are ALL in the series (making a cameo in the very second issue! Woo hoo!). Verily, they HAVE to be in the series -- otherwise I'll have no one to spin off into UNCANNY ALPHA FLIGHT!”

Speaking of spin-offs, my initial Puck questions have spiraled into an Alpha Flight character Q&A series with Lobdell. Jason’s gonna be working on that. Look for them in the SBC news section soon.

Default Minority Report

I know I may be in the minority here, but I really think that with the tone of the book being what it is, the artwork and character designs are pretty great. Oh, and a quick question. Is it okay to be in love with a comic book character? Cause that Puck, wee-hoo, is she hot!

I'm kidding, by the way...

... I think.
    "When you most feel like a sap, that's the time to make syrup."

-Major Mapleleaf (Alpha Flight, 3rd Series, Issue 1)

Default Re: Minority Report

Heh heh, well, I've known some poeple to be pretty hot on some of the characters! I had a bit of a crush on Aurora when I was a kid I thing most people are so far pleased with how the art looks, I like what I've seen, but won't know for sure 'till I have it in my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf
    I know I may be in the minority here, but I really think that with the tone of the book being what it is, the artwork and character designs are pretty great. Oh, and a quick question. Is it okay to be in love with a comic book character? Cause that Puck, wee-hoo, is she hot!

I'm kidding, by the way...

... I think.

I've gotta say, I totally overreacted back then...

I'm quite happy with the new Puck.