Thread: AF members in Weapon X

So far..in my opinion...the Weapon X series is fairly good!
    Basically..its about a Human whos face was scarred by Wolverine and decided to take his frustrations out on all mutants by hiring/brainwashing/blackmailing his own group of mutants to hunt/kill/capture other mutants for extermination in a concentration camp called Neverland.
    The current roster consists of : the director, Sauron, WildChild, Aurora, Box (Madison Jeffries), Weapon Zero, Mesmero, Marrow, Sabertooth..and a few others ( that i am forgetting).

As for the Alphans...
    Aurora was horribly scarred and the Director was starting to fall for her. He was able to heal her face. When he realized he was falling in love with a mutant..he sliced her face again..!

Madison Jeffries..seems to be still brainwashed from the Zodiac and is just carried over to the weapon x series where hes using his powers to created "mini sentinels" to help patrol the compound. (What's up w/ his moustache!! )

Wildchild...is back to his feral ways. He has shown emotions and concern for Aurora.

Hopefully..some of these alphans will be freed from the director so they can appear in their regular "new" series!

PEACE!

great summary speedy! I think I'll have to try digging up back issues, it sounds readable to me.

Default Weapon X Alphans

Actually started to read Weapon X properly after aquiring No 11 yesterday. Number 5 is well written, but the content is difficult to read without getting a sick feeling in the stomach. That aside, it would seem from that issue that Diamond Lil is no more. She and another mutant, both captives at Neverland, challenged one of the Boxbots and would seem to have been beaten to death by the bot.

I'm becomming quite intriqued with this, will be interesting to see where it goes.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Actually Tieri said that both Diamond Lil and Random (the other mutant) were alive. Though they have not been seen since. Actually none of them except Reaper and Wildside have been seen since.

Me, I've had a distaste for Weapon X since issue 5 cause I hated that issue. Though I did enjoy slightly the issue with Marrow vs Sabretooth. And the latest issue was also kinda good with Chamber. I've got some theories on where some stuff is heading, if so I may become a fan again. Just have to wait and see.

A lot of my dislike for WX may be cause I'm a huge Cecilia Reyes, Wildchild, Maverick, Marrow, Maggot, Sinister, Meltdown, Domino, and Chamber fan. You'd think the fact that all these characters have appeared I'd be a huge fan, but I'm not. Quite the opposite. I even used to be a big fan of Tieri's, only writer who ever got me to add Wolverine to my folder (he's been the best since who ever was writing it around issue 100). He was great on that title.

Default APLIT

A quick note: I split this off from "The Man In the Middle" topic

IMO it's the best X-title being published at the moment, which may not sound like much, but there you go.

Although Rucka's Wolverine is pretty decent too.

#17 came out this week, and features Wildchild.
    He doesn't do much though.

#21 is apparantly going to be a stand alone issue featuring Aurora and Madison Jeffries (+ The Director)

Quote Originally Posted by StevenPaul
    Actually Tieri said that both Diamond Lil and Random (the other mutant) were alive. Though they have not been seen since. Actually none of them except Reaper and Wildside have been seen since.
    Given what went on in that issue and the severity of the beating, I assumed (I know what assuming does, before someone points it out ) that they had both gone bye bye, but thanks for enlightening me StevenPaul. I was kinda looking forward to the day Maddy came out of his x years hypnosis and realised one of his constructs snuffed his Missus, now I'll never know.

Me, I've had a distaste for Weapon X since issue 5 cause I hated that issue. Though I did enjoy slightly the issue with Marrow vs Sabretooth. And the latest issue was also kinda good with Chamber. I've got some theories on where some stuff is heading, if so I may become a fan again. Just have to wait and see.
    I didn't hate the issue, but as I said earlier, it left me with a bad feeling in the belly. I think it was cos Tieri personalised it by having the young mutant narrate the story. Reading it as a continuous part of the story may have diluted it for me, if I had read it and then had to wait a month, my feelings may have been more vehement.

A lot of my dislike for WX may be cause I'm a huge Cecilia Reyes, Wildchild, Maverick, Marrow, Maggot, Sinister, Meltdown, Domino, and Chamber fan. You'd think the fact that all these characters have appeared I'd be a huge fan, but I'm not. Quite the opposite. I even used to be a big fan of Tieri's, only writer who ever got me to add Wolverine to my folder (he's been the best since who ever was writing it around issue 100). He was great on that title.
    Apart from Wildchild, I can take or leave the rest, and to be honest I hate what has happened with Kyle since the demise of Vol 1. If truth be known, if it weren't for the presence of the Alphans in Weapon X, I would probably had only picked up one issue and then left it. My problem with all things X is that for god knows how many years, there has been no stability, ever changing rotas, location, lurching from one crisis to the next etc, I haven't really enjoyed the books properly since UXM Issue 142 or thereabouts. Maybe I'm a old fogey, but Claremont and Byrne were the dream ticket IMHO.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yes, Weapon X is really good sorry, i shouldn't be talking about Weapon X Really(It Should Go In "Other Titles" should It Not?) Thank you for telling me that that character was Diamond Lil I never knew

Nah, it involves Alphans, feeel free to talk about it here

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Nah, it involves Alphans, feeel free to talk about it here
    Phil, I've just finished Weapon X #18, at the beginning of the book we have Northstar mentioning rumours that Weapon X may be responsible for the disappearence of Aurora. Is this the same situation you mentioned elsewhere about NS and Aurora, or is this a second mention?

Just an aside, not really an appearence, but in New Warriors Annual #2, (Kings of Pain Storyline ?) The Sphinx makes reference to Silver and the power inside her. Reason I mention that is because you mentioned Kings Of Pain part one, on the appearences list, which also involves Silver Auric.
    Del