Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naughty Words

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMako71
    Ahhhhh! lol From what I have heard, they were fairly odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    And haven't changed much since...
    Hey now you two!! Play nice!

However, they are right in that my life in Yellowknife was ... memorable to say the least (tho most of it I'd prefer to forget - and tried through MANY a substance ). Having been born and bred there, suffice it to say, I am much better off here, in - as Jo calls it - 'the butt-f*** middle of nowhere' (aka: Kooteney region of BC). Sure there's not much for my 'social' life (read into that as you will - most of you already know the problems), but being able to get off work and see the early-morning splenders of the mountains, especially as the low-lying clouds drape the mountainsides, oi, second only to heaven!

The fact that we get only 3 mos of winter (as compared to 8 in YK), or that the coldest it got here was -20C for two days (as compared to the month of -40C or less plus windchill), with a winter average of about -5 to -10C, that's also a BIG relief.

And that's not taking into consideration the PEOPLE of said city!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Having been born and bred there, suffice it to say, I am much better off here, in - as Jo calls it - 'the butt-f*** middle of nowhere' (aka: Kooteney region of BC). Sure there's not much for my 'social' life (read into that as you will - most of you already know the problems), but being able to get off work and see the early-morning splenders of the mountains, especially as the low-lying clouds drape the mountainsides, oi, second only to heaven!
    I can attest to this, the pics I've seen are pretty. *doing research for my impending 'expidition' north, nothing more* :whistle:
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Okay, Del, swear all you want...

Just don't say 'semprini'.

"Any IC protected by a fast acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Okay, Del, swear all you want...

Just don't say 'semprini'.
    Hiya Mik, I know I should know the word ***prini, I'm getting a Python kinda thing in my head.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    There's tablets for that, I hear....
    I'm not interested in your medication sir, for I shall face this semprini thing head on like my forbears did, god bless em.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

That's taking the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I'm not interested in your medication sir
    You have enough of your own already? :P

Oh hullo? We've gone from 'naughty words' to various forum member's drug addictions. In that case, pass me the beer and a pack of fags and we're all set.

fags btw = SMOKES to non Brit lang speakers...just in case, ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    @ the need for clarification
    Hey ya never know, someone who is not familiar with the term could see it and have the big one...right before firing off a nasty hate filled letter about my narrow mindedness towards others.

your idea of fun sounds remarkably like mine...why do I suddenly reckon that people will run screaming now?

Yeah, damn it, someone get offended, so I can be the sissy fairy collaborator that takes her side. ::cue giggle.::

Addictions? I have no addictions. I mean, I can't get enough of Jager Bombs and Jager shots and Liquid Cocaine shots and Nuclear Rainbow (the drink of the TRUE GAY MAN!) shots and Purple Hooters, etc., etc., but I have a lot of occasions to drink to! Life is good! And I take Nembutol probably more than I should, BUT I HAVE A GOOD REASON. See, my AC unit is in my bedroom window, and when it rains, it's not some little sissy pitter-patter. It sounds like hail hitting the top of your car. And it's been raining quite a lot down here. SO, I have to get to sleep somehow, right?

... right?!

Or, put a broad leafed houseplant in a large pot in top of the AC, rocks at bottom of pot if nbecessary. Leafs and top soil will blunt the noise.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.