Thread: Altered Visions

Default Altered Visions

I write for an online Marvel based fan fiction site called Altered Visions!

http://www.alteredvisions.org/

Figure I would post this topic to let everyone know about the site and to sum up where some Alpha Flight related characters are appearing.

Manikin -- is a member of X-Factor (written by me), his first appearance is issue 6 (the title is up to 13 presently).

Pathway and Gobly -- both appeared in Uncanny X-Men though if you're a fan you may not want to read them for them (as Pathway was my choice above Manikin for X-Factor but there is a reason I didn't get her).

Wildchild -- has appeared in X-Treme X-Men and again I wouldn't recommend them, I'm a huge fan of Kyle, he is my fav Alpha related character and I didn't like them. He will also soon be appearing in Weapon X for the site, it may be good.

Alpha Flight -- as a team has also appeared in X-Treme X-Men.

Sorry can't really give issues on the last few.

But now for the real purpose of my post, I'm the mutant imprint manager or at least I share the responsibility and for me the top title I'm looking for right now is Alpha Flight. So if you're a writer and think you'd like to take a shot at it get hold of me and we'll see what happens.

Two updates in the past few weeks.

The site was updated today with Agent X #1, AV Presents #2 (I highly recommend this, especially if you like the Prowler), Exiles #3, Fantastic Four #2, Avengers #2, Ultimate X-Men #2, and Uncanny X-Men #13.

Also still looking for a possible Alpha Flight writer....

Email me at "vipereyes_2000@yahoo.com".

I might want to take a stab at an AF fanfic. What would I need to do to in order to pitch the idea??

-Mystic

I am so, so, so, sorry for not replying sooner. I've been away from the board for awhile.

Ok, the pitch, here is what I would need and you can send it to my email at "vipereyes_2000@yahoo.com" (and I'll send it on to Doug who runs the site)

Title: (which I know it is Alpha Flight already but still include it)
    Title Length: (if it is an ongoing or a mini)
    Characters: (which characters are going to be in the series from heroes to villains, cause not all characters are open)
    Story: (basically what the title is going to be about)

Plus if you've wrote fan fiction before send me link to those fics (if you haven't, we'll talk about that later)

Believe that is it.

And again, I'm so sorry for not replying to you sooner.

We would also except pitches for Alpha Flight solo titles (mini or ongoing) You know, like say a Yukon Jack, Puck, Snowbird, almost anything Most Alpha related characters are open at the site...except a few secondary characters are off limits (Manikin, Pathway, Goblyn, Wildchild, and a couple others)

The site was updated recently:

Reaper #1 by Steve Paul

When the mob wants a Senator dead, they turn to Reaper to do the job right, but what happens when a young Shield Agent comes hot on his tail.

Amazing Spiderman #4 by Peter Groble

A new writer continues the web swinging adventures of the friendly neighborhood Spiderman. Spidey does some investigation into who hired the terrible trio of Shocker, Speed Demon, and Rhyno, and it takes him to edge to find the answer. Plus Who was on the other end of the phone?

Writing Fan Fiction interests me as well. On the Altered Visions site, do you prefer "first timers" to pitch only mini or Limited Series, because that's what I'll probably start with. Any info would be great, Thanks.

Really your choice! As a newbie, yeah it would probably be best to go with a mini cause you don't know how you're going to be at it (if you enjoy it or not and so on).

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask me

Thanks Steven, I'll let you know when I have something.

Steven:

I was wondering, I've been brainstorming some ideas for a possible one-shot or mini and I have a question. Is anyone who is writing for Altered Visions using the Maggia Crime Syndicate or the Shroud in any of there stories? I was thinking about putting together a story featuring these characters. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Just saw this thread today, what a great site over there.

I'd love to try and write up something for ya's over there. I'll send ya a couple of ideas through email.

There has been so many updates to the site since my last visit it isn't funny and I won't attempt to list them, so those who are interested should swing by an check the site out.

Upcoming story though for those whom may be interested, Yukon Jack is going to be appearing in an issue of Altered Visions Presents our anthology title...no number yet but I'll post again when it comes out for sure.

But that isn't why I'm bringing this topic back up as i've pointed out I write numerous titles over at Altered Visions, even took on the scripting duty on a title here and there with out any say in the plots.

I'm curious to see if any fan fic writers would be interested in scripting...maybe even co-plotting an Alpha Flight title for Altered Visions? I would love to get an AF title on that site but my searches have went no where so I figure lets try this route. (and if you're not interested in that way and would like to go all out without me get hold of me and we'll see what happens)