Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Old What Are You Collecting Thread :)

Kitty's not gonna be in Excalibur.
    She'll be in joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.
    Rachael will be though.

And Wowzers, midlands UK?

How far from say, Wolverhampton are ya?

YAYYY - Rachel's gonna be in Excalibur, cool news. Last I heard she was dead or was living in the future or something - still, people are never dead/gone forever in the world of comics. Great news about Kitty too, when will this Astonishing X-Men launch? (And if I start collecting it how will I ever catch up on what all the characters have been doing for the last ten years!!!!) How long will Joss Whedon be writing it for? For a limited time or indefinitely?

Btw, actually got around to reading the first few issues of New Mutants today and have to say that I thought they were pretty good. Not sure how it will change when the name change/relaunch/'reload' comes about, I'm just hoping that it won't get too bogged down in continuity with all the other X-books...

Well at the moment I am collecting:

New Mutants
    X-treme X-men
    Exiles
    Alpha Flight
    Uncanny X-men
    New X-men

Though it will change considerably when Reload Happens
    In May I will get all the X-titles and see which I like, this'll be really hard for me as I want to collect all the X-titles at a time, except I don't collect X-Statix because it is a disgrace to the X-series and was made to be stupid

There are just too many X titles now - there is no way I could afford to follow them all. I'm planning on trying a few out when they are re-loaded or whatever they're calling it happens.

I actually hear good things about X-Static, although I don't like the looks of it myself, at least it dares to be different. The fact that it's major storyline (the Princess Diana one) was postponed and then re-written (well, Diana was renamed and her hair colour changed) didn't really help the book any. Personally they should never have cowed down or felt under pressure to change the storyline at all (IMO).

Here is what I'm currently getting:

Marvel

Avengers
    Hawkeye
    She-Hulk
    Spider-Girl
    Mystique
    Wolverine
    Exiles
    Alpha Flight
    Emma Frost
    X-men and Spider-man unlimited
    Uncanny X-men
    New X-men
    X-treme X-men
    New Mutants
    Weapon X
    Ultimate X-men
    Ultimates
    Ultimate Spider-man
    Ultimate Fantastic Four
    Runaways
    NYX

DC

Green Lantern
    Superman/Batman

and I think thats it

In a state of flux right now...

Alpha Flight
    Supreme Power
    Iron Man
    Negation War
    Wildguard: Casting Call
    Rose and Thorn
    Wildcats Ver. 3.0
    Birds of Prey
    My Faith in Frankie
    Y: The Last Man (In trade form.)

and constantly trying other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    In a state of flux right now...

Alpha Flight
    Supreme Power...

and constantly trying other titles.
    Alpha, well it goes without saying
    Supreme Power : JMS, I'm a great fan of Babylon 5 and Rising Stars when/If it ever gets going again is a great read. Midnight Nation was another good read, but I cannot bring myself to look at his Marvel stuff apart from SP, where he can give free rein to his writing.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

What do you guys think about the new teen titans? i'm think about picking up the trade when it comes out next wekk i think.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokThePowerful
    What do you guys think about the new teen titans? i'm think about picking up the trade when it comes out next wekk i think.
    I haven't read any of it yet - I'm just pleased to see trhat Raven is back and she isn't evil AND she has a body!!! She was always my favourite Titan. I lost interest in the Titans many years ago sometime after Titan Hunt with Zero Hour... Also Team Titans sucked - no one like or cared about the characters so suddenly they don't exist anymore!!!

I'm going to give this title a go I think and also the new Outsiders (even though Halo, Katana and Looker are no longer around ).

Quote Originally Posted by HavokThePowerful
    I love collecting the Wolfman Perez back issues, but I know that's not what your talking about. I too have yet to read it, but I'll be grabbing the trade, just too killer a deal to pass on concidering the reviews are solid and the characters are good. If you like team superheroics and you got the cash, at that price it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    I love collecting the Wolfman Perez back issues, but I know that's not what your talking about. I too have yet to read it, but I'll be grabbing the trade, just too killer a deal to pass on concidering the reviews are solid and the characters are good. If you like team superheroics and you got the cash, at that price it's worth it.
    My thoughts exactly. Except for the back issue parts.

Well I am collecting at present:
    Alpha Flight
    Wolverine
    the Amazing Spider-Man
    Captain America/Falcon
    She-Hulk
    Iron Fist
    ANT
    Kolchak: tales of the Night Stalker
    Superman/Batman
    JLA
    Batgirl
    Sojourn
    the Magdalena
    Vampirella Mag
    Banzai Girl
    The Phantom
    Victory
    Batman: Death and the Maidens
    Marvel Knights Spider-Man
    Richard Vasseur

Okay, time for a little update...

I'm currently collecting New Mutants, Alpha Flight, Runaways, X-Treme X-Men (for my Sam and Amara fix; hate this series and all of the characters besides them), New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Supreme Power, Mystique, Weapon X (purely for Marrow; besides her, this series sucks), aaaaaaaaand... I think that's it.

I need to update as well (as some titles are getting cancelled, and another is getting a facelift)

Weapon X I like this series. They just need to get the team more together, or recruit another group of second-stringers

Runaways Perhaps the best new marvel title (well, characters that have never been seen before). I hope that it sticks around for a long while

Uncanny X-Men (When 'Relaunched') Now that Claremont is coming back, I'll give it a try. Hated Austen's run on it. Now I just hope that with all of the shuffling, Northstar doesn't get lost.

Astonishing X-Men (When released) It has the White Queen, and it's written by one of my favorite people. Should be interesting.

Alpha Flight A big 'DUH' would have to be given if I stopped getting this.

Fallen Angel One of the most interesting titles, I love the character, and I love Peter David writing her. The stories are interesting and each issue leaves you wanting more.

Emma Frost I love the White Queen. Period.

Exiles Hated the stories Austen wrote, but I like this series. I loved all the 'What If...?' stories when they were coming out. I hope this X-Title goes nowhere.

Academy X (When 'Relaunched') Looking forward to this. Hopefully we'll see a little more action in this book.

I'll also be picking up JLA: Elite when it comes out. Other than that, I'm depressed that Stormwatch: Team Achilles and Elektra are being cancelled, but at least there's a little breather for my wallet.

-Mystic

I'll be adding Astonishing X-Men as well. And I am sure there will be others I'll be adding. I might be cancelling She-Hulk if the art does not improve real fast.
    Richard Vasseur