Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where be They All

Alas, Life/work has been busy for me to It's one of many things on my list of stuff to do for the site. I'm just on the verge of updating my news page, while I"m at it, I'll start planning out how to put the 2nd Flight stuff up

I'm thinking I may do it apart for AF.net. Something like 2ndflight.alphaflight.net with it's own special layout. I'll need someone to help me figure out the orders of the art I have ect. Tom, if you have MSN Messenger, add me to yer list incase I need to pick yer brain. I've got Allan, Del, Sylvie, and Seng there to pester, why not one more eh

Ben

No problem! I think it's still my turn to pen the next story. Maybe we're waiting on Seng. I don't know I kinda lost track some 3 years ago!

Default 2nd Flight revival?

Hi folks,

Good to know that the memory of 2nd Flight is still alive and well. Reading your posts brought back quite a few memories of the round robin - it really was an amazing effort by all (helped, I suspect, by the fact that everyone had a hand in creating the characters and voting for those who would be in the team). I also remember the beautiful artwork by Bloo - good to hear that you still have them somewhere in your electronic archives Bloo.

Like you, Tom, I don't even remember where we left off. I vaguely remember a 2nd tier team being sent in to help out the main players who had been kidnapped by some terrorist group (ur... does this not ring a bell with the current AF storyline?).

Anyone remember who the characters were? I think Puck was married to Heather (!) and they had some kids who were on the team. And there was Wild Child's daughter, Aurora and Sas's daughter, and, of course, Barnacle, Bellfrey and Kodiak.

Cheers,

Seng

The main team:
    started with...

GV2: eldest son of Heather and Puck, wears EM suit
    Wildheart: daughter of Wild Child and Val Cooper, feral abilities
    Box V: grandson of Jerome Jaxon, phases into Box armor
    Kodiak: Increased size, strength and invulnerability
    Solstice: transforms to light

they were then joined by...

Whitehawk: son of Snowbird and Doug Ramsey, shapeshifter
    Starlight: daughter of Aurora and Sas, light powers
    Bellfrey: half man half bat
    Barnacle: amphibious, skin resembles barnacles

and...

Province: older version of Radius, team leader

When we last saw them:

Most of the members of Second Flight were captured by the Sisterhood in their living ship Aerie. Director H (Heather Hudson) sends a bunch of newly trained recruits from Beta Flight along with Barnacle, Bellfrey and Province to try and save them. This strike team is supported by Pathway and Feedback, as well as a cadre of Epsilon Black.

As the last chapter ended, Mission Commander (his name escapes me at the moment) discovers that Aerie is infected with the dreaded Transmode virus and decides to destroy the whole ship, with all of the members of both teams in it, rather than risk another Transmode Epidemic.

I love this bunch of characters...

Default Very impressed

Wow Blue, you blow me over with your memory of the 2nd Flight's last exploits. It's been years, so you must've been keeping the flame burning (even if it's just in your memory).

I also remember that along with the main 2nd Flight storyline, we had a lot of 'solo' stories too... all of them excellent.

Before the 2nd Flight site went the way of the dodo, did anyone archive the stories?

Seng

As much as I enjoyed BoND, I gotta admit that the working on 2nd Flight and creating the characters has got to be some of my most enjoyable times ficcing. No confines, no boundries just working together on creating.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Where be they all?

Slight correction to Whitehawk: He was the son of Snowbird and Doug Thompson, (not Doug Ramsey).

Also, in a wonderful fanfic by Allan Crocker, ("To Everything a Change"), Whitehawk changes his name to Gyrfalcon, which is more in line with his avatar.

I've also been wondering whatever happened to all the 2nd Flight fanfics. And I'd like to see them posted someplace, also. They were great stories with great characters!

I have enough fun as it is trying to find ANY Alpha Flight fics worth reading out there. =/
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Default Re: Where be they all?

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    I've also been wondering whatever happened to all the 2nd Flight fanfics. And I'd like to see them posted someplace, also. They were great stories with great characters!
    I'm on it...eventually! Rather strapped for time with construction on my studio/gallery/house just now, but it's on my very long list of stuff to do

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    I have enough fun as it is trying to find ANY Alpha Flight fics worth reading out there. =/
    May I suggest http://www.alphaflight.net/articles/...aight_pre.html This is hopefully my best effort, self promoting.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    May I suggest http://www.alphaflight.net/articles/...aight_pre.html This is hopefully my best effort, self promoting.
    Read it, enjoyed it thoroughly. My problem is finding more then the handful available out there.

and it's time for this like mako shark to go to bed. *falls over*
    Hell was full, so I came back.

My only other effort that I can think of is 'Quality of Life' which I think Steven Paul hosts at his site and some New Warriors stuff I did years back.

At Byrne Robotics there's a fanfic section which has a few stories and an unpublished amateur writer script, which isn't too bad.

Enjoy your kip. 'Picking Jo up and pointing her towards her mattress'.
    Del

Default Second Flight Stories

Ben does have everything that I do on Second Flight. I can fully sypathize on the time constraints. In the meantime, if anyone would like me to e-mail them personally, I can send what I have. Drop me a line at tom.bush@honeywell.com and I'll shoot them your way! I'm missing a few of the stories. Don't think I have any of the Aerie story, but lots of solos and early team stuff. Plus some of the origins as well. Got a few pieces of artwork also. None of Bloo's stuff (it was amazing) . Let me know if you'd like to see any of it!

Tom