Thread: The Man In the Middle

Default The Man In the Middle

So, we have all seen the preview pic for AF v.3 #1. Any guesses as to the identity of the "Man In the Middle"? Would they actually have a non-origonal member lead the team? I mean, who do we have historically in AF that is a blonde male...

- Walter, but Sasquatch is in the background
    - Whitman Knapp
    - Kyle Gibney

I'm not thinking of any others. Or could it just be Mac with a fancy new hair due? Maybe it's his new cybernetic hair!

Default Blonde Geezer

Well to begin with I thought it was Radius, but thankfully he is in the land of the dead. So for now I'll opt for Manikin or Captain Mapleleafs long lost, never before mentioned, son.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yah, tis Major Maple Leaf Jnr...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Yah, tis Major Maple Leaf Jnr...
    I thought as much, the one MML snr don't talk about. I wonder !! what he did to piss daddy off.

Del
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

My bet is on Kyle...after all wasn't it Lobell that wrote him back into alpha as Weapon Omega...after the whole drug treatment thing? From his writing, he seemed to enjoy this plot, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him dig it back up.

Ben

I doubt that the man in the middle is Kyle..since he is being used over in the Weapon X series and has basically been turned into a mindless animal (although he shows emotions..like his connection w/ Aurora)...but all the same..i'm hoping that its the one true Guardian.
    I just hope that they do a better job on this 3rd series than the 2nd. The 2nd was good...but the art was something left to be desired.
    IM just glad they're back and hopefully for good!

PEACE!

Welcome aboad speedy! I didn't know he was in use in an other book...but if he had gone that bestial...it would be as good a reason as any to try those drugs out on him again...and I think the woman on the left is Aurora soooo.... k, so maybe I'm just grasping at straws

Ben

Wildchild is doing Nosferatu impressions in Weapon X, he's joined in there by Aurora who is doing her X-Factor 116 routine, only this time with the director of WX. Her face has recently been carved up by Sabretooth I believe. Maddison Jeffries is also in the book, mass producing Box guards, he is still hypnotised a la Zodiac.

Del
    Del

wow, I had no idea so many Alphans were in that book...is it a mini-series, or a full time title?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    wow, I had no idea so many Alphans were in that book...is it a mini-series, or a full time title?
    Full time title, upto Number 17 now I believe, haven't picked up since before Christmas. They're are also a number of one shots, highlighting different Weapon X members, the only one I picked up was Weapon X - Wildchild/Aurora (or something like that)
    Del

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultim...&f=36&t=001621

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lobdell
    And of course, everyone winces at the retro MAJOR MAPLELEAF character every time they hear about him (he is the son of the original MAJOR MAPLELEAF from ALPHA FLIGHT 103)...but the character is so sincere and so earnest, I am certain he'll win over the fans the same way he's won over all the people in editing and marketing who have read him so far.