Thread: Alpha Flight Relaunched!

Default Alpha Flight Relaunched!

For those of you who have not yet heard:

ALPHA FLIGHT #1 - (Scott Lobdell/Clayton Henry)You Gotta Be Kidding Me part 1.

Bigger than Avril Lavigne! More exciting than National Hockey Night! Scott Lobdell returns to the X-Men Universe and heads north of the border for the surprising premiere of an All-New, All-Different Alpha Flight! The Canadian superteam returns in a shocking new series that will be the talk of Saskatchewan! Featuring the debut of new heroes and the return of several old favorites!

Though this was posted on the old forum, it's a great way to start the new! Any ideas of who we have in this pic? I have afew guesses

Hello Ben-! I'm looking foward to the new Alpha and congrats on the new home!!

Can't wait for this new title. I'm *sorta* familiar with the older Alpha Flight, but with Clayton Henry and Lobdell on board for this new one, I'm excited already.

I'm more than a little trepadatious about this. While I'd love to see a return of Alpha, my "spidey sense" is tingling on this one.

For good reason Ed! I know we all would have felt more comofortable if we knew they asked you to work on the book We know we could trust you not to break AF!

I did enjoy Lobell's stint on the first series, however I have no idea how he'll do starting the book off. I liked the lighter side he did with the book, as long as it's not taken to the extreme.

But I'm an optimist, so I'm sure it will be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    I'm more than a little trepadatious about this. While I'd love to see a return of Alpha, my "spidey sense" is tingling on this one.

I'm looking forward to it.

I was a huge fan of the 2nd series and parts of the 1st series (most of which have to do with Wildchild). Also happy to see Nemesis in the background there

YAY! and other fan of V.2! Prsonally, I really enjoyed the series. The art was weak during much of it, but I found Seagle's writing to be tap quality. I really like the twists and turns. I was also a fan of Duncan Rouleau's.

Anyway, welcome StevenPaul, beware flying pudding!

Ben (ducking into the General Discussion area to hide.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    YAY! and other fan of V.2! Prsonally, I really enjoyed the series. The art was weak during much of it, but I found Seagle's writing to be tap quality. I really like the twists and turns. I was also a fan of Duncan Rouleau's.
    Vol 2 was in my opinion utter pants and Duncan Rouleau couldn't draw breath without a diagram and a third lung That is also just my opinion. I can understand why some people liked Vol 2, but to me, it never really happened, just a bad dream, the Af stories that have appeared since have been better, apart from Austens take on them in UXM.

Anyway, welcome StevenPaul, beware flying pudding!
    So we are allowed pudding to back up an opinion here, oh yea!! Off to prepare a Baked Alaska espeacially for Tonto. Also, welcome StevenPaul

Ben (ducking into the General Discussion area to hide.)
    Oh thats right, start something and hide behind a discussion area, not like we ain't seen that before.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

i believe the pic is:

major mapleleafs son in front, sasquatch, possibly persuassion(?), nemesis, century (the 90 year old guy who gets super powers) and some unknown character that lobdell said is more abrasive than namor.

i really hope lobdell does this right, the second series suffered from poor act and long character development, by the time the original team showed up, they canceled it.

not really sure how i am liking lobdells tongue-in-cheek aproach to the book. i do like what i read in his interview over at the pulse though.

i just pray that the series can last through marvels short attention span.

Hi varo, welcome back.

I'd be really curious to read this interview! I had no idea it existed. I just poked through The Pulse for a while, and came up empty. I don't suppose you have the URL for the interview it's self?

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i believe the pic is:

major mapleleafs son in front, sasquatch, possibly persuassion(?), nemesis, century (the 90 year old guy who gets super powers) and some unknown character that lobdell said is more abrasive than namor.

i really hope lobdell does this right, the second series suffered from poor act and long character development, by the time the original team showed up, they canceled it.

not really sure how i am liking lobdells tongue-in-cheek aproach to the book. i do like what i read in his interview over at the pulse though.

i just pray that the series can last through marvels short attention span.