Thread: Are Guardian's eyes yellow or white?

Default Are Guardian's eyes yellow or white?

I'm working on an art project and I got to looking at reference art and Guardian's eyes are inconsistantly colored. (Inconsistancy? In comic books?)

I found this community in the same searches and I figured if anyone knew this level of detail it would be the folks hanging out here. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    I'm working on an art project and I got to looking at reference art and Guardian's eyes are inconsistantly colored. (Inconsistancy? In comic books?)

I found this community in the same searches and I figured if anyone knew this level of detail it would be the folks hanging out here. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Excelsior!
    I think - I'd need to check - when he's using any powers - it's yellow.
    When he's just standing there, talking, they're white.

But more than likely just artist inconsistency across the board.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Excelsior, just be glad you weren't looking for the twins' hair colour.

I think of Guardian's eyes as yellow, but as we've discussed, it's inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Excelsior, just be glad you weren't looking for the twins' hair colour.

I think of Guardian's eyes as yellow, but as we've discussed, it's inconsistent.
    Thanks for the replies, all! I'm glad there's an active community for AF.

What I think it comes down to is the eyes are yellow when the suit is powered up and white when not. At least that seems to be AN explanation if not THE explanation.

Funny you mentioned the hair color. I was talking with a friend and we decided it was so black it shone with white highlights instead of the usual blue highlights in comics for black hair. The early appearances are wildly inconsistent.

FWIW I was working on an iron on patch of Guardian. I don't know if I'm too new here or what but I can't seem to get the attachment feature to work. Anyway it turned out great with yellow eyes.

Images

Not a problem!

That's as good an explanation as any. I'd have to look through my comics to check if it's consistent, but even if it isn't, I think I'll go with it.

They were blond at least once! (Machine Man #18, iircm which was just Aurora.) Again, that's as good an explanation as any. It's cool you have a friend you can discuss the minutiae of Alpha Flight with!

If you mean putting a picture into a post, it's not just you. Shame, I'd like to see it.
    I have an iron-on patch of Heather, based on the cover to #14. It's an official release.

I looked up the Heather patch and saw ALL the AF and other options from the mid 80s and they are amazing! I might have to recreate some.

Images

Yeah, there were other good ones but the Heather is the only one I got my hands on.