Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Men Resurrection Protocols...

Default X-Men Resurrection Protocols...

So, with the mutants being resurrected here and there by Krakoa, etc...why hasn’t Diamond Lil been brought back (or has she)? Discuss...LOL!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    So, with the mutants being resurrected here and there by Krakoa, etc...why hasn’t Diamond Lil been brought back (or has she)? Discuss...LOL!Dana
    I agree. I have been waiting a long time for them to bring here character back.

I'd imagine that because of Emma Frosts secondary mutation she's kind of surplus to requirements.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if we do see her soon in Sabretooth...

I see, Phil.

Dana

Speaking of secondary mutations, have any of our Alpha mutants shown secondary gifts or has it been mentioned in any of the X-books that you may know of? Like the Beaubier Twins, or Madison, Diamond Lil, Wildchild, Persuasion, etc...?

On another note: Chris Claremont always (I thought) over did it on Nightcrawler’s mutations, he has like umpteen powers: teleportation, ability to hide/fade into darkness/shadows, his physical mutations (prehensile tail, wall-crawling, fangs, ability to see in darkness, does he have enhanced hearing too (I can’t recall?), superhuman agility and leaping ability, enhanced strength, speed and reflexes, as well as enhanced spinal development and finger and toe dexterity...etc, etc...). Kurt was a creation of Dave Cockrum, but when it came to adding him to the X-Men, Chris Claremont apparently fell a bit in love with the character and went hog wild in making him a powerhouse. I can’t imagine they’d even address the concept of Kurt having a “secondary mutation”...it’s laughable.

Dana

Ugh, I apologize for the double post, can somebody delete it? I’ve been having so much trouble posting lately...ugh.

Dana

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Nightcrawler: the fading to darkness thing is sometimes just a part of his dark colouring; but it has also been clearly shown as a kind of invisibility.

Also, I've deleted the double-post for you.

Funny. I was just coming here to talk about Diamond Lil.
    I've stopped collecting for years now - just gave up on the state of comics (new stuff wasn't appealing to me; but glad it's been successful for others - especially a lot of new readers). I still re-read all the older comics, on repeat.
    But I saw a picture of Random (originally from the pages of X-Factor) that was a fan piece.
    Which led down the hole of when Random and Diamond Lil were seen together in that concentration camp (Neverland?)
    And I thought it was eluded that she'd died there.
    Well, while googlizing today - I saw she'd survived.
    And gone on to appear again a few times in the X-Men (background mostly) but going after Maddison.
    But.
    Then she got killed?
    So freaking annoying.

Also - because this thread - Is Diamond Lil a mutant? I honestly can't remember if that's ever been stated?

Images

I don't think she was called a mutant in Alpha Flight, but things like the Weapon X Neverland camp made it clear she was.

Others will confirm / correct. Phil?

Oh, you know - that's true. Neverland was mutant only.
    So yeah.

Damn it - we need Diamond Lil back.

(Not that I read current comics, but if they did an AF series, I'd probably pick it up).

Yup, never called a mutant throughout the whole of Volume 1 (or 2), merely described as indestructible or invulnerable.

However, August 1985's Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #9 lists her as a mutant as part of the Omega Flight bio.

Oh good - so she should get brought back. And easily explained for her to reappear.

Thank you, Mik (for deleting my double post)!

Dana

Images

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    On another note: Chris Claremont always (I thought) over did it on Nightcrawler’s mutations, he has like umpteen powers: teleportation, ability to hide/fade into darkness/shadows, his physical mutations (prehensile tail, wall-crawling, fangs, ability to see in darkness, does he have enhanced hearing too (I can’t recall?), superhuman agility and leaping ability, enhanced strength, speed and reflexes, as well as enhanced spinal development and finger and toe dexterity...etc, etc...). Kurt was a creation of Dave Cockrum, but when it came to adding him to the X-Men, Chris Claremont apparently fell a bit in love with the character and went hog wild in making him a powerhouse. I can’t imagine they’d even address the concept of Kurt having a “secondary mutation”...it’s laughable.Dana
    Well, the whole - pointed ears, dark blue skin, yellow eyes, fangs, tail, three fingers/toes, I think was all to basically make him "look like a demon" while in truth, he was a devout Christian (I believe was his faith of choice). The wall crawling, I think fits him - and he doesn't to my memory have any form of enhanced hearing. Super human agility and such didn't really come in until after he joined the X-Men. And let's face it, all of the X-Men have it from their time in the Danger Room. How often have we seen Beast or Angel do some crazy agility things? As for the fading in the darkness, that didn't come up until he was on Cassidy Keep or whatever. (Otherwise, it seems wise to have used it in his first appearance, when he was being chased at night, through a town with plenty of shadows). But the last thing I would have considered Nightcrawler, back then - was "powerful." His teleportation was originally ONLY himself. Eventually he got to teleporting one person - but it often took everything out of him and the person he teleported (I can clearly remember he knocked a few people out doing so). His teleportation was also limited to line of sight originally for a very long time. Like he couldn't teleport to the other side of a door blindly - without the fear of teleporting into something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Nightcrawler: the fading to darkness thing is sometimes just a part of his dark colouring; but it has also been clearly shown as a kind of invisibility.
    It was definitely a new power he got during his time when they were dealing with Black Tom, and on Banshee's castle island the first or second time.