Thread: Article: An Alpha Flight Series "Upcoming" ?

I’m cautiously optimistic

And me.
    I think worst case is a 32 page one shot, which I'd take at this point.

A whole lotta nothing or misdirection or sneak peak news or a tease to test interest or.....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Now that the safety-net of Avengers movies is gone, MARVEL needs to publish really good comic books and not rely on hype or listen solely to the people who keep telling them to publish 18 variant covers on books few readers want.

Alas, at this point in time more people want Variant Covers than people want Alpha Flight.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Well, when DC comics overreach and don't give the readers what they really want, they implode. When MARVEL overreaches and doesn't give the readers what they really want, it goes bankrupt.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

BTW, there are good comic books other than Alpha Flight that can be published.

Oh I agree with you on multiple points.

I just don't think Variants, or Events, are going away anytime soon.

Unfortunately long running series in Marvel are a thing of the past. Maybe we would get a one-shot or the very best a 5 issue mini

Default This September, the Marvel Universe's most captivating Canadian crew comes back in AL

ALPHA FLIGHT: TRUE NORTH #1 cover by Nick Bradshaw
    And—brace yourselves, committed connoisseurs of the Commonwealth—the entire creative team is composed of cunning and cuddly Canucks! Written by clever creatives Jim Zub, Jed MacKay, and Ed Brisson⁠, the comic has art crafted by co-conspirators Max Dunbar, Djibril Morissette-Phan, and Scott Hepburn with a kinetic cover by compatriot Nick Bradshaw!
    So... Grab your hat and come travel light because adventure lies just around the bend! Featuring three brand-new tales no one has ever told before, ALPHA FLIGHT: TRUE NORTH #1 sees Canada's greatest creators unearth the secret history of squad stalwarts Puck, Snow-bird, Talisman, Northstar, Marrina, Guardian, and Vindicator!
    "To celebrate the Toronto Raptors winning the NBA Championship," notes comical comic editor Chris Robinson (sadly, not Canadian), "we’re bringing back the greatest of the Great White North, Canada’s premiere super-team Alpha Flight! And we’ve assembled a super-team of Canadian talent behind the scenes for extra authenticity. Trust me, these guys are going deep into the Deparment H files to tie-up those loose Alpha Flight story threads that have been keeping you all up at night. You wanted dip with the chips? Here it is!"
    It's chaos, be kind

Awesome news! Thanks for posting it! Wish it were an ongoing series tho

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Awesome news! Thanks for posting it! Wish it were an ongoing series tho
    totally agree. all these rumblings had me hoping for more... Obviously the Raptors connection is bogus, this had been in the pipeline longer than last week - but any chance to see the original team suit up again is a joy. Glad they are using as many Canadian Artists as they are. Does anyone know if the September they refer to is when it comes out, or what its dated inside? (ie Picked up Captain Marvel #7 yesterday - it's dated August) Would love to get this signed at Fan Expo!
    It's chaos, be kind

September release.

The exact date, and any Variant details, should be released tomorrow with September's Solicitations.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think worst case is a 32 page one shot, which I'd take at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Maybe we would get a one-shot
    Okay, Phil and -K-M- called it!
    Thanks, Burke, for posting it.
    I'll continue this on the other thread.