Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Marvel Solicitations For July 2018

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Immortal Hulk #3 will be a Rashomon Gate story. Those are often interesting!
    (Calling it: the Lambert boy, or whoever did whatever to the church, was abused.)

~ Le Messor
    "Selfishness must always be forgiven, you know, because there is no hope of a cure."
    ~ Jane Austen

RE: Life of Captain Marvel

https://www.cbr.com/life-of-captain-...tohl-interview

The series that will unfold in both the title character’s present day and the past, via flashbacks.
    So maybe some Puck cameos, but no confirmation.

Images

Oh, good!

(Is anyone else scared of her twitter picture? No? Just me?)

~ Le Messor
    "Ask a lot, but take what is offered."
    ~ Russian proverb

I am starting to really think he will kill Sasquatch and that prompts him to be hunted by the multiple teams. He does not do it out of rage but because Walter has lost control and is a risk to everyone. Basically symbolizing hulk, but he can’t die. Hopefully hopefully hopefully I’m wrong.

https://www.newsarama.com/40632-immo...an-handle.html

Nrama: Speaking of which, Joe Bennett draws Hulk as a huge, looming monster. What’s your favorite thing he’s drawn for Immortal Hulk so far?
    Ewing: He does a wonderful Sasquatch - of whom more later
    Nrama: Speaking of those solicits, it looks like Hulk may have no mercy for Alpha Flight’s Sasquatch when they meet later this year. Should we start drafting our obit for poor Walter Langkowski?

Ewing: I would if I were you. In issue #4 - final order cutoff for that is the ninth of July, if you want to tell your retailer you want it - something pretty fatal happens to Walter. But before that, we get his take on the Hulk - and on his college relationship with Bruce Banner. If issues #1 and #2 were about the Hulk and Banner, issue #3 and #4 are about what they look like from the outside. The question is, is Langkowski as different from Banner as he thinks he is?
    It sounds too much like a bait and switch to me.

Key point there is..."something pretty fatal happens to Walter". So could be bait and switch and its just walter losing his humanity and goes full feral

Yeah, I think you're on to something there.

Listening to the latest Off Panel (http://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel-...with-al-ewing/), Ewing talks about how he loves a non-Hulk transformation that Bennett has drawn.

In the original announcement Bennett was quoted as saying "it’s a real joy to get a chance to redesign the guy."

Perhaps this is intended to make Sasquatch become a new regular Hulk foe. As really Hulks rogue gallery has really took a dive in the last few years

Images

Phil, please use Joe Bennett's full name! Just 'Bennett' gives me a second of cognitive dissonance.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

No Alphans in Life Of Captain Marvel #1.

Walt does appear in Immortal Hulk #3

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

No Alphans in Life Of Captain Marvel #1.
    I kind of expected that. It's set in her past, isn't it?