Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disney in talks to aquire Fox's entertainment division.

I did a write up... no mention of Alpha Flight in my write up (I know, makes you want to skip it more than you already do)... but it's a write up about how I'd like to see the X-Men movies start at "Disney / MCU"...

http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1651

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

What you describe isn't that different to Krakoa, except your mutant seems to be human rather than an island.

I've started to wonder lately: what's with the obsession so many people have over whether Deadpool is R-Rated? Is that really what makes it good for people?

~ Le Messor
    "It is particularly incumbent on those who never change their opinion, to be secure of judging properly at first."
    ~ Jane Austen

Well, I think some movies are better at an "R" rating... Wolverine... Deadpool... these are traditionally violent characters. And toning down a movie for them, does take away from the potential of really keeping the character true to the comic.

Images

Good answer.

Top Democrats on the Senate and House antitrust subcommittees would indeed be holding hearings for The Walt Disney Company's recent proposed acquisition of 21st Century Fox's film and tv studios, cable networks, and regional sports channels.

No one is entirely sure when the regulatory process will be completed, both companies were already expecting it to last somewhere between 12 to 18 months, which is a similar timeframe to the Time Warner & AT&T merger.

For comic book movie fans, this means it may be well over a year before the X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic Four actually make their way into the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe. Coincidentally, Avengers 4 opens in just under 18 months (17 months to be exact), so if/when the deal does pass regulations, a Phase 4 introduction for some of Marvel's finest seems more probable than not, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/disne...expect-a156410

Kevin Feige update.

When and how that deal with Fox finishes and comes together and we’re told, “Hey, now you can start working on it. Now you can start thinking about it,” is when we’ll actually start thinking about it. I will say just the notion of having what, frankly, most other companies with [intellectual property] have all along, which is access to all of their characters, that would be fun.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/09/marv..._medium=social

Images

Copyright law is such a tangled web... you'd think having created the characters and now being part of the same company that owns the company that owns them would mean you could use them...

~ Le Messor
    "What fools these mortals be!"
    ~ A Midsummer Night's Dream

I think they should leave all that for the new reboot that's inevitably going to come in 10 years or so.
    I think Hydromax is easily the best out there.

Images

I've sometimes thought the same thing, Templetons.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Directors Think A SECRET WARS Movie Could Be The Way To Go Following Disney/Fox Deal.

If Disney's takeover of Fox goes through, there are a lot more characters to work with all of a sudden, it might be interesting to do something like Secret Wars.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...x-deal-a159500

Images

I think they'd have to integrate the X-Men first, bring them properly into the MCU.
    Which would be cool.

~ Le Messor
    "From a certain point onward, there is no longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached."
    ~ Franz Kafka

If they bring in the X-MEN property - who wouldn't pay for a Wolverine movie where he's told to track down the Hulk and basically do a version of Hulk #180/181.

Images

I hadn't even thought of that! That could be a lot of fun.

~ Le Messor
    "Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work."
    ~ Bette Davis

We just need a new actor to play Wolverine is all...
    Not sure Hugh still could - or would want to.
    (Well, I am sure if Disney wanted it, the amount of money they'd pay would probably convince him)...

Rice told Fox employees that the transaction will most likely be completed by spring-summer 2019 and end of summer 2019 at the latest.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/disney-f...ce-1202363025/