Thread: Article: Captain Marvel #125 Preview

Heaven forbid being on earth and calling yourself Alpha Flight

Yeah.
    I've had the feeling for a while that all the writer has ever read of Puck & Sas was in the previous Volume...

I actually recently dropped the book. Quality is poor and doesn’t seem writer has done much research on the characters. Just bland overall

shame as I was all for the new direction of Alpha Flight but they really haven’t done much. The Ms.Marvel (carol) series did a great job utilizing her secondary characters. Other then aurora there really wasn’t any spotlight or growth for the three characters. Sasquatch is just there and doesn’t add much. Puck does have some good representation though but again hasn’t done much (other then in guest appearances in other books)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Like Phil, I've thought for a long time that the writer / artist have done little more than read character names.

It's possible I've dropped the series, too. I'm actually not sure (the comic store may have interpreted it as me rejecting particular issues, not the whole serieses.) If I haven't, I will.

~ Le Messor
    "I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles."
    ~ G.K. Chesterton

#125 has a bit more page time.
    We'll see how it goes.

Images

That does sound a little hopeful.

Images

I've now read the issue (apparently I haven't dropped the series, but maybe at the end of this arc), and, yeah, the evidence keeps mounting that they've never read about Alpha Flight beyond the names and vague character descriptions.

~ Le Messor
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again."
    ~ Bart