Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Teaser.

Yep when I hear that song I think of the dancing baby....not guardians

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Oh yeah, I totally agree, and referenced it was a teaser.
    Maybe I just don't like teasers.
    Me either, since I was teased so much as a kid.
    Don't have a problem with teaser trailers, though.

I'm not a fan of trailers at all, to be honest.
    I like to be surprised and see ALL of a film at once, especially if I'm paying for it.

1. I never watched a single episode of Ally McBeal... so, that dancing baby thing is lost on me...
    2. Hold on, if you don't like teasers/trailers, why did you watch it?

Cos on the internet nothing is unavoidable!

Images

It depends on the film, and on the trailer.
    Sometimes getting to see snippets gets me excited. Sometimes it warns me not to bother. All too often it gives away too much.
    I even once kept seeing trailers for a movie for so long I got sick and tired of the movie before it even came out. (Surf's Up)
    (My 'favourite' is an old Foxtel trailer for A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart, that literally tells every single plot point from beginning to end, even talking about Scrooge's turn-around in the final scenes. I came away thinking, 'Most people know that story already; why do they need it retold like that? And the ones who don't... way to spoil it, trailer!' I couldn't find said trailer on YouTube.)

But there have been very good, very atmospheric trailers that have made me want to watch things that would never have been on my radar. One like the GotG trailer tells me we're getting close to it getting released. So, yeah, for me some are good.

The Dancing Baby isn't an Ally McBeal thing; it was an early internet vid. (AFAIK; I've never seen Ally McBeal either. Nor Single Female Lawyer.)

~ Le Messor
    "I wish I knew as much about anything today as I knew about everything when I was twenty."
    ~ Bill Ayers

Don't get me wrong; I'm not too fussed about having GOTG2 teased...

I've got the phrase 'Star Wars' filtered and blocked on my social media as I really don't want those films spoiled.
    I managed to get to Force Awakens without seeing any trailers or teasers or images, which helped make the film for me.

I unfortunately had the fact that Harrison Ford was in it, and the line 'Chewie, we're home' spoiled for me by a parody account though, which annoyed me.

Other than that, I went in blind.

Images

That's really cool. There's a lot to be said for going in blind.

I saw a completely new trailer for Rogue 1 before Doctor Strange last night, but I don't mind.

~ Le Messor
    "I wish I'd watched less TV."
    ~ Billy Graham, when asked if he had any regrets.

When I googled the dancing baby - I saw that it was related to Ally McBeal, so I assumed that's where you guys were talking about. So it was an "internet thing" that Ally McBeal later put into the show?