Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site issue.

Any updates when the issues will be fixed? It's getting harder and harder to post. Sometimes takes me three times to To post as I get errors or the screen is completely messed up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1418.PNG 
Views:	359 
Size:	339.7 KB 
ID:	5577  

I've had the same problems, but to the point I've been unable to post.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That's bad.

Obviously something worked, Legerd. Do you know what changed? Different computer / device?

~ Le Messor
    "If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches and poor men's cottages princes' palaces."
    ~ Shakespeare

I think it's because I had tried to post with a quote before. I tried to edit my above post to say "Yay, it worked this time," but it wouldn't let me. Then I tried to make a post quoting my post and that wouldn't work either. It seems that anything beyond a plain old post isn't working -- at least not for me.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Nobody's been able to post with a quote for a while.

I can forge them:
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I think it's because I had tried to post with a quote before.
    but that's not quite the same (I can't link it back to your post).

The protocol is:
    <quote=whoever>insert quoted text here</quote>
    (replacing triangle brackets with square brackets, of course).

~ LM

Yeah, Editing and Quoting is down.
    Posting on Articles requires you to Go Advanced, and pictures can't be embedded.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Hey all, sorry for prolonged silence. This issue was caused by a server upgrade to PHP version. To remedy I have to update for site software. I have it downloading, and have a large backup running. The backup may take most of the night, and hope to update software tomorrow.
    Sorry to resurrect.

Heh - I keep directing people to come to this site (from my Comic Relief Podcast twitter account)... Wondering if there are errors with registration as well and such? (Could be that they're just not coming to the forum... sadly, it seems a lot of forums have gone under, thanks to social media, like Facebook having their "Groups" or "Pages"... even my New Warriors forum, after an update fubar'ed the database for the forum, I threw my hands in the air, and just made a Facebook Group that ties to the Facebook page... but, I am one, who much prefers forums... but I'm old school... I'd probably still use a dial up modem, just to hear that crackly old sound...)

We're still getting new sign-up's.
    Usually spammers, but the registration process is fine.

The rest of the site however...

Any news when or if we will fix the site?

Heh - the error codes are annoying and discouraging enough...

But man, that lack of Reply With Quote (without going the long route of manually doing it) is extremely annoying!

I was going to say (to -K-M-) I don't think the forum _will_ get fixed, sadly. I don't think Ben comes around here anymore? Based on what Phil said, when I asked about it being fixed?

And apparently you can't edit your own post either (or I can't... it just sits there trying)... I was going to say, it's almost been exactly a year (10/18/2016) when Ben was last on this thread.

I'm having trouble posting on the Marvel Solicitations for June 2018 page. It's saying: "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters." I've extended my post, but it keeps giving me that error message.