P

O

I

L

E

R

S

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/luke-...nner-interview

On one hand, being a geek I want to tell the best comic book story possible, as someone who came up on Claremont & Miller's Wolverine as well as stuff like God Loves, Man Kills and even Kraven's Last Hunt which is probably my favourite Spider-Man story. Believe it or not, John Byrne's Alpha Flight was one of the biggest influences on the twist we have in episode 7 - the fact that you could do that, it rocked my world when I read it back in the day. People sometimes say because it's comic books it can't be serious drama, but if you're a long-term reader of comics you know darn well some of the best storytelling comes from this.

Hip, hip, hooray!

Oh that's very interesting. I wonder what twist their borrowing from.

EDIT: Read that pre-coffee.

The biggest twist in Byrne-Flight is clearly #12... they couldn't do that, surely?
    Last edited by Phil; 09-29-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    EDIT: Read that pre-coffee.

The biggest twist in Byrne-Flight is clearly #12... they couldn't do that, surely?
    Maybe they could. Would certainly make things interesting. Of course, they could also do a few other things: Reveal that one of the superheroes' powers is really from a bad source (a la Sasquatch), make someone mentally ill, have a team member turn on another team member and go nuts, etc. Lots to choose from!

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by PlaidMouse View Post
    Maybe they could. Would certainly make things interesting. Of course, they could also do a few other things: Reveal that one of the superheroes' powers is really from a bad source (a la Sasquatch), make someone mentally ill, have a team member turn on another team member and go nuts, etc. Lots to choose from!
    if the twist is the one we are all thinking off, that kinda makes the other episodes anticlimactic lol
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

I just finished episode 6. Starting episode 7 tomorrow. I have a feeling I know what's going to happen. Dun dun dunnnn
    Last edited by -K-M-; 10-01-2016 at 12:07 AM.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

yeah Alpha Flight 12 is the inspiration with a main character dying. No where close to the comic and if he didn't say that in the interview would never have guessed that was the inspiration
    Last edited by -K-M-; 10-01-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm not too surprised that it's not obvious as an inspiration.

How many episodes in this season?

~ Le Messor
    "I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right."
    ~ Albert Einstein

Yeah, I'd never have guessed there was any AF nod there.
    Nicely done though.