Thread: Marvel sucking in the comic department.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I am only "familiar" with the New 52 stuff for DC.
    Maybe that's my issue; I'm not.

I'm enjoying All-Star Batman though.
    And looking forward to the Wildstorm relaunch.

(other than with books like "Deadpool" and "Squirrel Girl", which are silly books, without much in regards to story, no matter what anyone says!)
    I'm genuinely enjoying Squirrel Girl, and I'm not the target audience.
    I'm pretty sure Mik and Rob are too.
    What's wrong with silly? Didn't a LOT of readers spend time complaining that books were too dark and serious and not silly and fun, in the 2000's?

I mean, it's basic super heroes. How do you make it so that one audience can't enjoy it? (Answer: Bad writing).
    But then the reverse could apply; the last seventy years of comics have at times made it so female readers, black readers, homosexual readers etc... can't enjoy comics (and no, not all). A comic you have really enjoyed has a good chance of having offended or excluded someone else.

Just because you don't like a comic, or it isn't aimed at you, it doesn't make it bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    You'd let a kid read Deadpool?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    The comic? Sure.

The amount of violence shown in Deadpool may be more "bloody" - but certainly no more violent than the Saturday morning cartoons of Road Runner and Will E. Coyote and all the cuss words are "#$%!" - which is what I remember reading as a kid.
    I personally disagree.
    There are bones breaking, internal organs, red blood...
    Last edited by Phil; 10-12-2016 at 10:55 AM.