Thread: X-Men Apocalypse.

Default X-Men Apocalypse.

Wrote a review after watching it...

May contain MINOR spoilers, so if you've not seen it, wait till you have, just in case...

http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/771

I plan on watching it this weekend when I go watch TMNT 2. Will you be doing a review on TMNT 2?
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    I plan on watching it this weekend when I go watch TMNT 2. Will you be doing a review on TMNT 2?
    I couldn't bring myself to watch the TMNT movie (not 2, the first one). I grew up on the original comic (trade, not the original, sadly, lol). And I didn't feel like it got the vibe right. However, Maico (who is more of a TMNT fan than me), also didn't see the first movie (he tried, and couldn't make it through) - but said he plans to watch the 2nd one - and will probably do a review. We're going to focus on reporting more news as well, on our site.

I still think you should go to the Indigenous Comic Con in Albuquerque, NM in Nov. The only Turtle movies I didn't like was the TMNT 3 and the CGI TMNT. I been trying to avoid spoilers for the new X-men movie so I hope it is good.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

I still think you should go to the Indigenous Comic Con in Albuquerque, NM in Nov. The only Turtle movies I didn't like was the TMNT 3 and the CGI TMNT. I been trying to avoid spoilers for the new X-men movie so I hope it is good.
    Don't read the review unless you have watched the movie (in regards to X-Men), just in case.

As for the Indigenous Comic Con in New Mexico - I'd go in a heartbeat. If I didn't have a 9 to 5 I also had to nail down. I need to somehow make a living doing the Podcast so I can do just that - make a living hitting cons, doing reports from them, etc.

We've taken a step towards trying to report more news on our site rather than always linking to other sites about the news (which we typically do on Facebook), which does nothing for us, since it drives no traffic to our site. So today, both Maico and I knocked out a few "recent" new events...

I wrote about Thor 3:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/803

Maico wrote about Sub-Mariner and MCU:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/790

I wrote about Legion (from the X-Books) coming to FX:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/787

I wrote about IDW's big mash up called "Revolution" (mixes Transformers, ROM, Micronauts, GI Joe and M.A.S.K.)
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/783

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis
    So, first – let me say, I have many (sometimes, trivial) gripes about the movie that’s going to give the impression that I perhaps hated the movie. That’s not the case, at all.
    Right off the bat, that's exactly what I said.

I was okay with Nightcrawler, especially in the Thriller-era Michael Jackson jacekt. One thing this movie did, which the X-Men films have been lacking, is prove they've seen the comics!

~ Le Messor
    "Heart Attacks...God's Revenge for Eating His Animal Friends "
    ~ Bumper Sticker

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Right off the bat, that's exactly what I said.
    I was okay with Nightcrawler, especially in the Thriller-era Michael Jackson jacekt. One thing this movie did, which the X-Men films have been lacking, is prove they've seen the comics!
    Yes.

Though... there was a few times I wondered if they did...

Psylocke not being a telepath... also her "Psi-Blades" had some form of solid stuff (I ended up calling them energy blades, rather than Psi-Blades, as she cuts through cars and uses them to stop her from falling)... But that was, again, trivial. We're looking at an alternate reality, not the comic book universe...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Psylocke not being a telepath... also her "Psi-Blades" had some form of solid stuff (I ended up calling them energy blades, rather than Psi-Blades, as she cuts through cars and uses them to stop her from falling)... But that was, again, trivial. We're looking at an alternate reality, not the comic book universe...
    Not to mention that, given the weird history of her powers, I'm not even sure I can call anything inaccurate. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Not to mention that, given the weird history of her powers, I'm not even sure I can call anything inaccurate. :/
    Well... it's pretty easy...

She was Elizabeth Braddock, who got kidnapped by Mojo, who had his (her... it's...) way with her and toyed with her and gave her "an electric eye" that Mojo used as a "camera"...

She ends up on the X-Men team, as a normal British telepath, pretty minor in strength...

Goes through the Siege Perilous...

Ends up "reborn" in the body of an assassin (and kicking out the spirit ... soul?... of that Ninja assassin into her own body...)

So that Ninja (in her British Body) comes after her, for revenge, because as it would turn out, her British Body was infected with the Legacy Virus...

She (the Ninja Assassin in Elizabeth's body) eventually dies...

Betsy remains in the Ninja Assassin's Body, uses her telepathic ability (now, inexplicably increased exponentially) to make "telepathic" extensions of traditional ninja weapons...

Sabretooth guts her, and she goes through the "Red Dawn" thing (forgot what it was called, but she had that red lightning bolt over her eyes) and now could teleport through shadows...

Somehow lost that ability, and was restored to just being a British woman, trapped in a Ninja Woman's body, with her telepathic powers still amplified...

Totally not complicated at all.

Images

It's all so simple!

Went to watch TMNT 2 first. Hoping to finally catch X-Men movie very soon. Not sure what is holding me back from watching this film, "just an uneasy, do I really want to see this film" feeling.

Images

Not sure what is holding me back from watching this film, "just an uneasy, do I really want to see this film" feeling.
    I had the same thing!

I went anyway.