Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain America: Civil War

Default Captain America: Civil War

Who has seen Captain America: Civil War? What are your thoughts on it?

I thought it was a good movie. A great way to end the CA trilogy. Thought deep down, I was hoping the end of credits scene would have been the death of Captain America or at least show Superheros/Villians crossing the Canadian border.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

I have NO complaints about the movie. Already seen it twice.

Yup yup, saw it last month when it opened this side of the world.
    Really enjoyed it.
    I was worried it'd get too crowded but everyone had their moments and it was still definitely a Cap film and the logical path of the trilogy, plot wise.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    S

The Peter Parker scene was my favourite bit, so, so good. Definitely the best on screen Peter yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yup yup, saw it last month when it opened this side of the world.
    Really enjoyed it.
    I was worried it'd get too crowded but everyone had their moments and it was still definitely a Cap film and the logical path of the trilogy, plot wise.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    S

The Peter Parker scene was my favourite bit, so, so good. Definitely the best on screen Peter yet.
    Agreed. Such a well done Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

I enjoyed how they worked Black Panther into the mix and at the end. I was also impressed by the new Spider-man. and seeing Marissa Tomei took my breath away. She is still hot!
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Ahh, see, now that's not what I said.
    I disagree on that point.
    Last edited by Phil; 05-12-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Ahh, see, now that's not what I said.
    I disagree on that point.
    Am I misreading what you said?

Oh.I see. You liked him as Peter Parker, but not as Spider-Man?
    What is it about the Spider-Man portion that you didn't like?

And this makes this my 200th post and its a question for Phil

What did you think of the Black Panther part of the movie?

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    Who has seen Captain America: Civil War? What are your thoughts on it?

I thought it was a good movie. A great way to end the CA trilogy. Thought deep down, I was hoping the end of credits scene would have been the death of Captain America or at least show Superheros/Villians crossing the Canadian border.

But it it wasn't an American agreement it was a UN pact, of which 117 countries were signatories. Unless Canada wasn't one of the 117, crossing into Canada wouldnt help. And I thougroughly enjoyed the movie from beginning to the finish line. And I liked Spider-Man both in costume and as Peter Parker.
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

And this makes this my 200th post
    Congrats! Look at you with all those maple leafs above your name!

They grow up so fast...

I thought Spider-Man was perfect. You can tell he's incredibly strong but very inexperienced. I'm going to love watching him grow over the next few movies.

Oh.I see. You liked him as Peter Parker, but not as Spider-Man?
    What is it about the Spider-Man portion that you didn't like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    I thought Spider-Man was perfect. You can tell he's incredibly strong but very inexperienced.
    It was only a minor quibble, but for someone that inexperienced he fought too well.
    And the audio really didn't synch up well. I'd be interested to know how much of that scene was actually Holland and hope much was a stunt double.

What did you think of the Black Panther part of the movie?
    He wasn't outstanding, but it was a nice introduction, and definitely the right amount of screentime.
    I thought the balance between regal and vigilante was really well done.
    I liked his bodyguard a lot and hope she features more in the film.
    I wasn't 100% on Everett Ross though.
    I also like the way the ending has set up his solo film, but hope Winter Solider doesn't take up too much of it.
    And that we see more of Klaw than we did in AoU

It was only a minor quibble, but for someone that inexperienced he fought too well.
    I got the impression, he had been doing his Spider-Man thing - at least for awhile.
    Because they mention all the Spider-Man videos on Youtube.
    And Tony Stark has that video of him stopping a car from slamming into the bus.
    So that, to me, set up that, Peter's been doing this Spider-Man thing for awhile. We just haven't seen it, as viewers.

I also like the way the ending has set up his solo film, but hope Winter Solider doesn't take up too much of it.
    And that we see more of Klaw than we did in AoU
    I don't think Winter Soldier taking up Black Panther's movie is going to be a problem... Since, he's back on ice.

I got the impression, he had been doing his Spider-Man thing - at least for awhile.
    So that, to me, set up that, Peter's been doing this Spider-Man thing for awhile. We just haven't seen it, as viewers.
    Yeah, I found he had skill with the webshooters, but little to no skill in experienced gifted enemies. They didn't really touch upon his spider-sense. I think with more experience, he would be able to see the surprises coming (ie Ant-Man shield sneak attack and Falcon's Red Wing Grappler). By the time Infinity War 2 comes along, I'm going to assume he's one of the most important and powerful players.

I don't think Winter Soldier taking up Black Panther's movie is going to be a problem... Since, he's back on ice.
    He is on ice... In Wakanda. Missing a metal arm. Too bad that Wakanda isn't famous for advanced metals. Oh wait.

Yeah, he's been doing it for a bit, but he still shouldn't be able to beat two combat veterans in hand to hand fighting, at that stage in his 'career'.