Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What is your favorite Alpha Flight (related) comic cover?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: What is your favorite Alpha Flight (related) comic cover?

  1. #1
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,251

    Default What is your favorite Alpha Flight (related) comic cover?

    Doesn't necessary need to be an issue of ALPHA FLIGHT, but may be Alpha Flight related (maybe where Mac appeared in UXM #109, or where they were guests in ROM or whatever).

    For me, I think UXM #121 is still my favorite cover (it was a battle between that, and issue #1 and #3 or #4 - with Aurora on the cover?)

    But I think since this was my first introduction to Alpha Flight, and it's a pretty cool action cover - this is just special to me.

    Last edited by Tawmis; 04-27-2016 at 04:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,030

    Default

    I'm a big fan of Wolverine #172:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wol172_original.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	5239

  3. #3
    Alpha Flight
    Mekko Hotvle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indian Country, Oklahoma
    Posts
    267

    Default

    This is the one cover I like from X-Men Classic #27

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classicxmen.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	5240
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

  4. #4
    The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight
    Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Alpha flight five with puck bouncing all across the screen, XMEN what ever and af 17 where it has Mac punching wolverine with colossus in the background, and the alternate cover af volume 4 number 2 where it has the upside down maple and jail bars shadowing puck
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

  5. #5
    Alphan in Training Alpha Flight
    Alphan East's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moncton, NB
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Great covers listed already, especially X-Men #121... but you can't have a true list of AF covers without including Issue #12.
    Often copied, but never duplicated... one of the best covers (and best stories) of any comic series.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF 12.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	5244
    The Flight Forever !

  6. #6
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    This is the one cover I like from X-Men Classic #27
    I like the synchronicity that your choice is the reimagined cover to Tawmis' choice.

  7. #7
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I like the synchronicity that your choice is the reimagined cover to Tawmis' choice.
    With Alpha Flight looking a lot more victorious (and vicious, I might add!)


  8. #8
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm a big fan of Wolverine #172:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wol172_original.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	5239
    That really is a great cover also. Everyone is drawn VERY well on the cover. (Even Sasquatch was captured looking pretty good!) Usually the hardest one for any artist to ever get right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    This is the one cover I like from X-Men Classic #27

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classicxmen.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	5240
    So what draws you to this cover? (Other than Alpha Flight standing over the X-Men)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Alpha flight five with puck bouncing all across the screen, XMEN what ever and af 17 where it has Mac punching wolverine with colossus in the background, and the alternate cover af volume 4 number 2 where it has the upside down maple and jail bars shadowing puck
    Hah! That Puck cover is pretty awesome! Is Puck a favorite of yours? Is that why you love that particular cover?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Great covers listed already, especially X-Men #121... but you can't have a true list of AF covers without including Issue #12.
    Often copied, but never duplicated... one of the best covers (and best stories) of any comic series.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF 12.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	5244
    Heh - yes, that is a very, very, very awesome cover - that has now been used (in variation) several times throughout Alpha Flight's history (is it three times in total now?)

  9. #9
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Heh - yes, that is a very, very, very awesome cover - that has now been used (in variation) several times throughout Alpha Flight's history (is it three times in total now?)
    I think so. All the #12s.

  10. #10
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,030

    Default

    Four - #129 had one too.

  11. #11
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,679

    Default

    So it did.

  12. #12
    Alpha Flight
    Mekko Hotvle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indian Country, Oklahoma
    Posts
    267

    Default

    To me, the cover makes them look like they don't care what they just did and the smirk smiles just it make it them look more badass. Kinda like saying Canada-1/ USA-0.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

  13. #13
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    To me, the cover makes them look like they don't care what they just did and the smirk smiles just it make it them look more badass. Kinda like saying Canada-1/ USA-0.
    That's a good enough reason - though Mac's grin is a little over the top.

  14. #14
    The Eclectic Opinionator Alpha Flight
    Garry/Al-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Alpha Flight # 67 [honorable mention: X-Men Annual # 1 (2007), with the Aurora/Northstar reverse/alternate uniforms)

  15. #15
    The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight
    Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    364

    Default

    I also really enjoyed the cover to AF 59 where the aged puck is in the jade dragons talons. When I first saw it I was like hmm Fin fang foom. Left field choice lol
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •