Thread: American Alpha

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Default American Alpha

Long story short I am a big pro wrestling fan and one of the top tag teams right now is called American Alpha. After first hearing their name my thoughts naturally turned to the ill fated Omega Flight series which had several Americans on its roster. Purely from a fantasy stand point what American born Marvel super hero ( I'm limiting it to one because it still should be Canadas team, any more than one would probably start to take away from the Canadian identity of the team.) would you be most wanting/willing to see in Alpha Flight? And this is the Byrne original Alpha Flight roster ( Mac, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Marrina, Puck, Shaman) plus Heather, Talisman, and Madison Jefferies said American would be joining. Also feel free to mention any Non-American foreigners you'd enjoy seeing fighting alongside Alpha Flight.

Personally,the one I would most enjoy seeing is Daredevil if solely so I could see him trapeezing the rooftops of a Canadian city while waxing poetically. plus it's about time Nelson and Murdock opened up a Toronto or Vancouver Branch!
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

With Canadian winters being what they are... would it be too cliche to have Iceman on the team?
    The Flight Forever !

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    With Canadian winters being what they are... would it be too cliche to have Iceman on the team?
    Depends which part. In Vancouver we don't get snow. Just lots and lots of rain. today was a nice sunny 29 degrees (-:
    You are witnessing the death of a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill P View Post
    Depends which part. In Vancouver we don't get snow. Just lots and lots of rain. today was a nice sunny 29 degrees (-:
    Much different than here on the East Coast, where it was sunny and 6 degrees.

In Eastern Canada, our four seasons are:

Pre-Winter
    Winter
    Post-Winter
    Roadwork
    The Flight Forever !

Right now in London Ontario is sunny and around 20 degrees!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Also Iceman fought alongside Alpha Flight in World War Wendigo

If I remember correctly the golden-age character Jack Frost is still trapped in Canada. They could use him if they wanted someone ice powered

to be honest, I was more looking for people to pick an American character they would like to see in AF becuase they liked the character, not so much to do with whether their powers match Canadas weather conditions lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Personally,the one I would most enjoy seeing is Daredevil if solely so I could see him trapeezing the rooftops of a Canadian city while waxing poetically. plus it's about time Nelson and Murdock opened up a Toronto or Vancouver Branch!
    just found an issue of daredevil where he attends the 1967 World Expo in Montreal, but obviously this was pre-Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    just found an issue of daredevil where he attends the 1967 World Expo in Montreal, but obviously this was pre-Alpha Flight.
    What issue #?
    You are witnessing the death of a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill P View Post
    What issue #?
    Issue 34

From the tribal side of things, I think it would have been cool to see Moonstar/Mirage and Warpath work with AF.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max