Thread: Opinions on the ending to volume 4.

Threaded View

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Default Opinions on the ending to volume 4.

Now on the surface, I am not entirely opposed to the idea of Mac leading Alpha flight, while Heather raises Claire as a single parent (or for that matter go against the grain and have Heather lead the flight and Mac be a stay at home dad.) but the execution......geez where do I start.

1. Heather is still under Unity control when she takes off with Claire. This makes her departure anything but a happy ending as she is technically still brainwashed (the only reason she briefly turned on the master is because he threatened Claire.) under which she has shown up no problem straight up murdering her cousin, and showed zero remorse for ordering government sanctioned murder against her teammates. Even a brainwashed heather I can't buy saying, " I thought I told them to kill that little ****" (in reference to puck.) how is this a feel good moment as the last page and particulalrly the last line let daddy protect his country and ill protect you bluntly suggest it's supposed to be?

2. Because of point 1, I have a real hard time swallowing Alpha Flight has not put out an all points bulletin out on heather and Claire. As much as Mac loves heather, he knows full well what the unity process does and I cannot seem he resigning himself to the fact that his only child is being raised by a ticking time bomb. Also how can he just sit idly by with the women he loves still controlled by said process. And how can Puck and Wolverine let this happen, particularly based on their extensive history and platonic love for Heather?
    Last edited by Yankee; 03-28-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd