Poll: Would Alpha Flight succeed as a Movie or TV Show?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha Flight TV Show/Movie?

Which AF member would be the most likely to have a solo tv show?

I am going to say Puck. with cameos from other members along the way and on the last show of the season, he runs into his daughter.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah, Puck. It'd be a lower-concept show, more like a Netflix show.
    Either that or an exploration of worlds of magic.

~ Le Messor
    "Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple."
    ~ C.W. Ceran

I can visualize a Puck series. Him working at a bar, going up against someone like Deadly Ernest.

Images

We've basically seen Deadly Earnest (or at least his origin) on an episode of The X-Files, so that'd work.

~ Le Messor
    "God looks at the clean hands, not the full ones."
    ~ Publilius Syrus

What if Crackle, which if I read correctly is part of Sony, was to do a AF show/movie deal. Grant it, they do reruns of old shows but they do have original content on there was as well. They have Supermansion, an animation show of off the wall superheros (don't let your kids watch) and The Throwaways, which is basically like The Losers. I would still like to see a Puck/Puck II miniseries. I would also suggest doing anther father/daughter type show with Shaman and Elizabeth, as compared to a Puck/Puck II show, Shaman/Elizabeth would be the more serious with the tone of I hate my father/ What more can I do to get her to love me reconcile kind of show.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

I have no idea where to put MCU rumours, but Sharon Stone says she will be in a future Marvel movie and a rumour is Abigail Brand.
    If true, could we possibly see S.W.O.R.D. or the Alpha Flight Space Station in the Captain Marvel movie?

http://www.newsarama.com/29679-sharo...o-the-mcu.html
    Last edited by Canucklehead; 06-10-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Images

That's entirely possible. That'd be cool.

I assume it'd be Peter Dinklage as Puck, if that's what we see. I'd like to see their Sasquatch!

~ Le Messor
    "History teaches us that when a barbarian race confronts a sleeping culture, the barbarian always wins."
    ~ Arnold Toynbee

Slow News day....so I read and article saying that Kevin Smith, yes that Kevin Smith who wrote and directed Clerks and other small cult-following films, is interested in directing an episode or two of either Dare Devil and/or The Defenders. I saying that, he appears to be a big fan of Canada, so that builds up to this: How would you feel if Kevin Smith was to write and direct an Alpha Flight tv show or movie? I think this has been asked before but just rehashing the topic.

Images

I wouldn't like it. I think his style and tone are completely unsuited to Alpha Flight.
    He's too grungy.

The only 'advantage' to having him would be that he'd bring popularity - but I don't read an obscure comic because I'm chasing popularity. Nor Amy, but that's a different story.

~ Le Messor
    "Hope is a light diet, but very stimulating."
    ~ Balzac

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    but I don't read an obscure comic because I'm chasing popularity. Nor Amy, but that's a different story.

~ Le Messor
    "Hope is a light diet, but very stimulating."
    ~ Balzac
    Wordplay at it finest...well played, Sir, well played.

Images

It just sort of came to me as I was writing.

I would love to see an AF movie/show done by Kevin Smith. How about a radio/audio series, like Big Finish does with Doctor Who?