Poll: Would Alpha Flight succeed as a Movie or TV Show?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight TV Show/Movie?

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

I'm torn on liking or disliking the raazer aspect of pucks character. I loved how it served as the point where Judd "transformed" from the somewhat self-centered and morally ambiguous mercenary into a hero. and I loved the internal debate this caused puck later when he was feeling inadequate in terms of his feelings for heather. I do wish though that raazer wasn't the reason Puck is a dwarf, I feel he should have just been a dwarf naturally, especially since Byrnes dialogue repeatedly states that to be the case
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

I like the Raazer aspect, just not the fact that Judd was once tall.
    Had Raazer just taken him over and caused him to age slower/be cursed with immortality I'd have been fine with it.

I would start the show off as an animated tv show as a build up, Sat morning cartoons, syndication what not. What kid would not enjoy seeing a big furry good guy and a dwarf saving the world on Sat mornings.

When starting out the live action, I would beg Hugh Jackman to do voiceover narration as Wolverine for half a season as a way to introduce the team to give them a little rub at the same time. Not necessarily putting him in the show.

I would also hope for some kind of comic-motion movie/ arc like Marvel did with Astonishing X-men for a while.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

This is just MY opinion.

I'm seriously getting so into this! Has anyone seen the Mortal Kombat: Legacy series (Just part 1) on youtube? I'll provide a link(s) after my comment.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because as of right now it seems that an Alpha Flight show would be suited best (Netflix OR Animated). Hoping to see it taken seriously, and in live action, I can't think of a better way of wanting to see the AF origins told than in this similar fashion. Of course as many mentioned before, it wouldn't be ideal to have it stay this dark as they ARE supposed to be REAL super heroes. Avenger type heroes. Maybe a well done online series can spark interest towards the right people.

Mortal Kombat (Each episode is roughly 12 minutes long)

Episode 1 - Jax, Sonya and Kano (Part 1)
    Episode 2 - Jax, Sonya and Kano (Part 2)
    Episode 3 - Johnny Cage
    Episode 4 - Kitana and Mileena (Part 1)
    Episode 5 - Kitana and Mileena (Part 2)
    Episode 6 - Raiden
    Episode 7 - Subzero and Scorpion (Part 1)
    Episode 8 - Subzero and Scorpion (Part 2)
    Episode 9 - Cyrax and Sector

If you dont want to watch it then just check out the trailer . Same effect.

TRAILER <---
    Last edited by hydro; 03-29-2016 at 04:27 PM.

MK:Legacy was been a good series. MK:Legacy II is okay.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    MK:Legacy was been a good series. MK:Legacy II is okay.
    Yes, Legacy was amazing. I thought Legacy 2 was horrible though. I didn't even think it was worth delivering the way they did.

If this project were actually given the ok to be made into a modern day superhero TV Show... Which characters would make the cut? I believe some would have to be adapted and/or changed. Going off of what Yankee wrote (since I loved his detailed breakdown).

Here's my PICK with origin ideas and changes made to Yankee's list.

James Hudson.
    Instead of stealing the suit he puts a terminal virus into the computers hosting/carrying the prints to the suit and helmet, also sabotaging the suit so they can't reverse engineer it. He then walks out with the helmet which he later on redesigns into what he has now. The original helmet should look like the protective ones they actually use in oil rigs/construction. In my opinion this will help reduce the chances of seeing a copycat/rip off iron-man suit. His new suit should be a play on the John Wraith version.

Sasquatch
    He should have a SIMILAR origin story, but his look should be closer to Sabretooth and Beast when transformed. A naked person walking around wouldn't work. Being able to control his "Hulk" should also give him the ability to look less overgrown as a mutated Hulk; less side effects and more of the good stuff. This would require a large man to play the part. He's supposed to be a retired NFL football player. It's more cost effective and less worrisome on the quality of CGI.

Northstar/Aurora
    I feel indifferent about the origin story or changing it. If changed slightly, The origin should tell the tale of 2 couples trying to have babies. 1 being successful and the other failing. The accident should include both children being in the car, finally discharged from the hospital. The accident was caused by a wealthy man who's wife just miscarried a child for the 3rd time. In a rage/sorrow state, not paying attention, the car hits a pothole hard enough to viciously turn the wheel. He finds parents are dead, only hears the scream of 1 baby, phones it in as he takes the one child (Northstar) to raise as his own. This trauma/injury could help explain what triggered and/or lead into Aurora's mental health issues. While growing up, even though they don't know of one another.. it should be that they are always near and for some reason feel even stronger when the other is around. They just don't know it or who. I like THESE OUTFITS better.

Shaman
    I can't see him being an actual hero in THIS live action series. A Native American looking character dressed the way he is in the comics and walking around like that? To me, he should have the exact same origin, but keep him as a supporting character. He should be the team doctor and healer. The same way Rosario Dawson is Daredevils nurse. Like Yankee wrote - his performance when doing rituals should be as close to the real Sarcee practice as possible. I just don't see native hand to hand combat while whispering mystic ritual spells and then pulling out dust from a fanny pack. If he has to be a major player then he should be changed into having mannerisms like the Scarlet Witch. Dust his hands in the pouch before fulfilling his spell Sarcee style.

Puck
    How do we fix his costume? And that P?
    His origin story should be slightly altered. His ties to the military should be from only having attended military schools, being among the brightest in his schools, but having no interest to serve for the sole purpose of being a soldier in combat. He's a University History professor with a PhD in Anthropology. He gets confronted one day after a lecture by a General and a good friend of his from the military's science/research department. They tell him about the Black Blade of Baghdad and if he can find it and retrieve it. He has every intention of getting it, selling the original for profit and delivering a fake to the military. In his quest, he finds it, it becomes activated by his touch of known betrayal. He hears noises of someone following him (the army sent watchmen) and as he turns around to snatch the blade that's when Black Raazer, having already taken some of his life force to become a presence, stabs him in the chest.

While they're explaining where the blade may be to Puck, it should give a flashback of a Persian man named Razer/Raazer with mediocre magic. He's poor and uses it to steal. He gets tricked into stealing from the wrong person who happens to be a sorcerer who binds his life to the blade?

The rest needs really good writers. I'm definitely not one, but I hope you guys can see the direction i'm going in. Sorry for the lengthy posts. I'm just really loving everything about this.

Does anyone know which AF characters Fox may own the rights to through X-men and maybe Wolverine?

I think the easiest would be to make Alpha Flight into an animated series... at first. That way, it introduces the characters to a new market and allows their popularity to grow. Following that, introduce them as "side attractions" to either a Wolverine / X-men movie or maybe the next Deadpool one (he is Canadian after all). If the characters poll well with the public, do a spin off on Netflix.

It's the easier way and most likely the cheapest way to take it one step at the time.

Does anyone remember seeing an Alpha Flight screen saver on Peter Dinklage's laptop in X Men: Days of Future Past?

Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    Does anyone know which AF characters Fox may own the rights to through X-men and maybe Wolverine?
    Nope.
    We won't know, till we see it.

Does anyone remember seeing an Alpha Flight screen saver on Peter Dinklage's laptop in X Men: Days of Future Past?
    I don't, but then again I disliked the film.
    I can't imagine that's true though.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Can you be more specific? When in the movie was it?
    I have the Blu-Ray, but I don't remember that.

There were references to AF on a computer screen in #2, though.

~ Le Messor
    "Flattery is alright--if you don't inhale."
    ~ Adlai Stevenson.

I do remember some kind of reference to AF in an XM movie but I am not sure which one. Outside of the movies, the last AF reference I heard was in Agents of SHIELD season 1 in regards to Dept H.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

There have been:
    Numerous references on a computer screen in X-2 (Beta Flight at least, a couple of others. Apparently a couple of Alphan names on morgue drawers.)
    Wolverine: Origins had a character named Heather Hudson, who played a not dissimilar role to our Heather (found Logan, nursed him back to health). For some reason, her husband was named 'Travis', and they were played by Jonathan and Martha Kent.
    A newspaper in Ant-Man mentioned sasquatch (but the commentary made it clear the director only knew about bigfoot, not Walter).
    The Dept H mention on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

~ Le Messor
    "For greed, all nature is too little."
    ~ Seneca, Roman statesman and author