Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Pick a Setting for a future issue of Alpha Flight to take Place.

  1. #1
    The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight
    Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    364

    Default Pick a Setting for a future issue of Alpha Flight to take Place.

    Simple, choose a setting (preferably that the team has yet to visit) that you would like an issue of Alpha Flight (if it ever gets picked up again) to take place, and then state your reasons why.

    For me it would have to be where I did my undergrad degree, in Camrose, Alberta. Just south of Edmonton, this town of 15 to 17 thousand people welcomed me into their hearts for four and a half wonderful years, and I would love for it to be chronicled on the pages with Canada's superhero team. Of particular interest would be to see a battle spill over into my college campus. I just have this image of Puck being thrown through a window where my old professor is giving a lecture, and then making a crack about my profs eerie resemblance to colonel sanders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	5184  
    Last edited by Yankee; 03-22-2016 at 02:10 PM.
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

  2. #2
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    San Diego. Or Spain.

  3. #3
    The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight
    Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Why those places?
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

  4. #4
    Alpha Flight
    Mekko Hotvle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indian Country, Oklahoma
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Here in Oklahoma aka Indian Country. Can you imagine the people looking at this group of Canadians all dressed up in spandex and wondering why the only indian in the group is wearing a tiara. Shaman brings in Talisman to help the local tribal police and out of nowhere, Red Wolf shows up!!. Its like a comic book pow-wow in the making.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

  5. #5
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Why those places?
    I live (and have lived) in San Diego most of my life. Spain, because that's where I am from.

    Pretty selfish reasons, right?

  6. #6
    The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight
    Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    364

    Default

    [QUOTE=Tawmis

    Pretty selfish reasons, right? [/QUOTE]

    Not at all! I always take a sense of pride when something great takes place or someone great comes from my home town, and appearance from Alpha Flight ranks pretty high up there!
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

  7. #7
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Not at all! I always take a sense of pride when something great takes place or someone great comes from my home town, and appearance from Alpha Flight ranks pretty high up there!
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Would love to see (San Diego, especially, since this where I have grown up) in a comic, and see recognizable landmarks.

  8. #8
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Would love to see (San Diego, especially, since this where I have grown up) in a comic, and see recognizable landmarks.
    You should stick to that one. I've seen a comic (partly) set in my home city, and let me tell you - if recogniseable landmarks are what you want, pick a place the creators have probably been!
    I find their lack of research disturbing.

    ~ Le Messor
    "Even when all the experts agree, they may well be mistaken."
    ~ Bertrand Russell

  9. #9
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    You should stick to that one. I've seen a comic (partly) set in my home city, and let me tell you - if recogniseable landmarks are what you want, pick a place the creators have probably been!
    I find their lack of research disturbing.
    Well I imagine the majority of comic book writers and artists that work for Marvel, have at least been to San Diego due to SDCC.

  10. #10
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Well I imagine the majority of comic book writers and artists that work for Marvel, have at least been to San Diego due to SDCC.
    Precisely!

  11. #11
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,031

    Default

    I'd say somewhere fictional and prominent in the MU, like Savage Land, Microverse etc.

  12. #12
    The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight
    Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'd say somewhere fictional and prominent in the MU, like Savage Land, Microverse etc.
    the savage land is overrated
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

  13. #13
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    But it's got dinosaurs! It's like some kind of ancient place, some lost world, some Jurassic park!

    ~ Le Messor
    "For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder."
    ~ The Beatles

  14. #14
    The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight
    Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    But it's got dinosaurs! It's like some kind of ancient place, some lost world, some Jurassic park!

    ~ Le Messor
    "For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder."
    ~ The Beatles
    I'm not saying it ain't awesome, I'm just saying it is way overused in the marvel universe, and in many cases for some reason seems to be larger than the island of Antarctica actually is
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

  15. #15
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,680

    Default

    I just wish it'd come into the MCU. That could be cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •