Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Take a Point Give A Point Game to determine Alpha Talk Favorite Flight Member

Hybrid View

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Default Take a Point Give A Point Game to determine Alpha Talk Favorite Flight Member

hello there!
    I'm new to this website and thought I'd bring with me a gift from another forum site, the take a point give a point game! The purpose is to figure out who the most popular alpha flight member is amongst this forum's denizens!

This is the list of 38 characters from the comic series Alpha Flight . Let's find out who is the most popular on Alpha Talk. Each of the characters starts out the game with ten points. Wolverine is not included for obvious reasons, namely he is so popular he would make playing this game moot and he made his fame before his status in the Flight was known.
    RULES:

1. Start your post by replying to the list of the poster above you. Make a copy of their list and include it in your post, making your edits. If the poster above you has not followed the rules, please copy the list of the last poster who did follow the rules.
    2. For each post, you may add one point to a character and subtract one point from a different character.
    3. Add labels to all points that you change. For example, if you subtract a point from a character, then add (-1) after their name. Add (+1) to the character you are giving a point to.
    4. Characters with zero points are eliminated. They are removed from the list and cannot be brought back.
    5. You may only vote once per day, although you can vote for several days in a row. Your votes do not have to be identical each time. If there are multiple games running at once, you may vote on each game once per day.
    6. Once we get roughly halfway through the list ie once 18 members have been eliminated, instead of it being take one add one, its take three add three. Once we get down to 8 its take five add five. Once we get down to the final 2, its take ten add ten.
    7. If the character you are taking points from has less points remaining then the amount being taken away, you can only add to a character the amount of points remaining. For example say Groundhog has 3 points left but we have reached the 5 point round, then you would subtract 3 points from Groundhog, and only be allowed to add 3 points to another character, instead of the maximum five.

The list:
    Aurora, Beta Ray Bill, Centennial, Diamond Lil, Earth-Mover, Feedback, Flex, Ghost Girl, Goblyn, Groundhog, Guardian, Madison Jeffries, Major Mapleleaf, Manbot, Marrina, Michael Pointer, Murmur, Nemesis, Northstar, Pathway, Persuasion, Puck, Puck (Zuzha Yu), Radius, Roger Bochs, Sasquatch, Shaman, SmartAlec, Snowbird, St. Elmo, Stitch, Talisman, U.S.Agent, Vindicator, Wild Child, -Windshear, Yukon Jack, Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)
    Aurora- 10 Points
    Beta Ray Bill-10 Points
    Centennial- 10 Points
    Diamond Lil- 10 Points
    Earth-Mover-10 Points
    Feedback- 10 Points
    Flex-10 Points
    Ghost Girl-10 Points
    Goblyn-10 Points
    Groundhog-10 Points
    Guardian- 10 Points
    Madison Jeffries (AKA Box 2)- 10 Points
    Major Mapleleaf- 10 Points
    Manbot- 10 points
    Marrina- 10 Points
    Michael Pointer- 10 Points
    Murmur- 10 Points
    Nemesis- 10 Points
    Northstar- 10 Points
    Pathway- 9 Points (-1)
    Persuasion- 10 Points
    Puck -11 Points (+1)
    Puck (Zuzha Yu) -10 points
    Radius- 10 points
    Roger Bochs aka Box 1- 10 Points
    Sasquatch- 10 points
    Shaman- 10 Points
    Smart Alec-10 Points
    Snowbird- 10 Points
    Spider Woman (Julia Carpenter)- 10 Points
    St. Elmo- 10 Points
    Stitch- 10 Points
    Talisman- 10 Points
    U.S.Agent- 10 Points
    Vindicator- 10 Points
    Wild Child- 10 Points
    Windshear- 10 Points
    Yukon Jack- 10 Points
    Last edited by Le Messor; 03-19-2016 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Grammar Nazi.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Hi Yankee, welcome aboard!

(I made a couple of edits to your post - the biggest being making the list of characters not one word. Hope you don't mind?)

Sounds like an interesting game.

FWIW, I'd argue Wolverine's popularity took off (after his mini-) after his connection to the Flight was revealed (UXM #120-121, maybe #139-140) and he might not have the popularity on an Alpha Flight board that he does in the wild.
    But I'm not arguing he should be on the list... Just sayin'.

My first entry will follow, just getting it together.

The basic rule is: this is a zero sum game, right? No matter how many votes happen, there should be a total of 380 points?

~ Le Messor
    "Experience is the worst teacher; it gives the test before presenting the lesson."
    ~ Vernon Law

Yes it is a zero sum game. 380 should be the total. Thank you for the edits! Also let me know before we start if I'm missing any members! I was debating adding Mar, to make it 39, but I didn't even realize she had a name until after I finished reading volume 3
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Yes it is a zero sum game. 380 should be the total. Thank you for the edits! Also let me know before we start if I'm missing any members! I was debating adding Mar, to make it 39, but I didn't even realize she had a name until after I finished reading volume 3
    For a while I thought you were missing Box, then I realised you had them both listed under their civilian names.

There were three different Nemesi, you only have one listed, if that matters. You seem to be going by team members, not general characters?

Images

... actually, before I do this, can you please clarify something?

Can I subtract points from more than one different character on the same day? (Obviously adding to others?)

It's supposed to be a one post per day per poster ie you would add from one person and subtract from another and that's all you as an individual poster are allowed until the following day. Now if you think that would make the game go too slow ie not much interest across the site we can change it up, but my initial intent wss for each poster to only be allowed one addition and one subtraction per day

You are right about nemesis how ever the first To my knowledge was never a member and the second was only in gamma. If you want to add the other two nemesis that's fine.

Images

It's supposed to be a one post per day per poster ie you would add from one person and subtract from another and that's all you as an individual poster are allowed until the following day.
    That will make it a lot easier to keep track of who I've voted for!

You are right about nemesis how ever the first To my knowledge was never a member and the second was only in gamma. If you want to add the other two nemesis that's fine.
    You're right about that.

Aurora 10 points
    Beta Ray Bill 10 points
    Centennial 10 points
    Diamond Lil 10 points
    Earth Mover 10 points
    Feedback 10 points
    Flex 10 points
    Ghost Girl 10 points
    Goblyn 10 points
    Groundhog 10 points
    Guardian 10 points
    Madison Jeffries (AKA Box 2) 10 points
    Major Mapleleaf 10 points
    Manbot 10 points
    Marrina 10 points
    Michael Pointer 10 points
    Murmur 10 points
    Nemesis 10 points
    Northstar 10 points
    Pathway 9 points
    Persuasion 10 points
    Puck 11 points
    Puck (Zuzha Yu) 10 points
    Radius 10 points
    Roger Bochs (aka Box 1) 10 points
    Sasquatch 11 points (+1)
    Shaman 10 points
    Smart Alec 10 points
    Snowbird 10 points
    Spider Woman (Julia Carpenter) 10 points
    St. Elmo 10 points
    Stitch 10 points
    Talisman 10 points
    U.S.Agent 9 points (-1)
    Vindicator 10 points
    Wild Child 10 points
    Windshear 10 points
    Yukon Jack 10 points

I'm confused on the difference between team members and General characters. I included both pucks as they were seperate members, I did the same with both Boxes. Nemesis I addressed my issued already. Only one was ever a member of alpha flight though I could stretch it to two ( the second was leader of gamma when the sorceror had control of canada, and the third was in alpha when Sasquatch was the leader. The first just met north star and aurora once.) if you want to add mar and a second nemesis that's fine by me

Like if we really wanted to get technical we could add citadel and ranark the ravager as they were in alpha strike lol and yes it is easier to keep track. Also that way one person can't dictate the flow of the game. The forum this was done in originally somehow persuasion ended up in the final four. wtf!

Images

The forum this was done in originally somehow persuasion ended up in the final four. wtf!
    I don't mind that, actually!
    (Was it specifically an Alpha site?)

... Let's not get technical.

No it was comicvine. The final four was I believe northstar aurora persuasion and vindicator. And this was from over three years agolol. I literally only sped read through alpha flight the past two months so I missed that epic game. My interest in alpha flight came on the heels of me speed reading through deadpool( who I think is probably the most popular Canadian super hero never to be in Alpha Flight)

Oh and as each character gets eliminated we put their picture next to the number they were eliminated at, so by the end we have them in pictorial order

Images

Oh and as each character gets eliminated we put their picture next to the number they were eliminated at, so by the end we have them in pictorial order
    That's cool!

Images

Give it time.