Thread: Howdy from Okla.

Default Howdy from Okla.

I know that in earlier issues of AF Vol #1, they print short origin stories at the end of the books. Did they ever try to reprint them like in one-shot formats, giving them their own cover and all? (sorry is this sound like a ridiculous question)

J.R.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Nothing ridiculous about the question, but a strange title for the thread!

No, there's never been a reprint of those origins on their own. They are in the first two Alpha Flight Classics trades, by way of being part of the issues reprinted within.

Where in Okla. are you?

~ Le Messor
    "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well honestly, I couldn't think of a title for the thread and just thought I would namedrop Oklahoma. I live in Henryetta, home of Jim Shoulders (world champion cowboy and only cowboy to perform in Madison Square Garden) and Troy Aikman (NFL Champion Dallas Cowboy).

I thought it would have been a good idea if they ever did a one-shot of the origin stories, I even suggested to Jeffery Veregge, cover artist for Red Wolf, if he was to do the cover and art for Shaman/ Elizabeth origin story. in his polite way, he said he would look into it.
    Last edited by Mekko Hotvle; 03-23-2016 at 03:26 PM.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Yeah. I saw the thread title and thought it was someone new. But then I thought, "I know the name Mekko..."

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I've been to Norman a few times (was even born there once, but I was very young and hardly remember it), and Tulsa. Probably Okla City, too.