Thread: Civil War II

Default Civil War II

“There’s a reason that Carol is a part of the opposition forces. It not only speaks to her character, but her new role in the Marvel universe,” Alonso said of one of Marvel’s most popular female characters. “She’s the leader of Alpha Flight, which is Earth’s first line of defense from all incursions. As of today, she is a very powerful authoritative figure in the Marvel universe.”

Iron Man will be going against Captain Marvel in the upcoming Civil War II in June. I wonder how big of a role AF will be playing, if they do get involved at all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-civil-war-ii/
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

I was quite skeptical at first, until I saw the FCBD cover with

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Thanos on the cover.

This makes me think there'll be some cosmic-ness to it that will involve the Spacestation, and thus the team.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    Iron Man will be going against Captain Marvel in the upcoming Civil War II in June.
    Face it, Iron Man just hates Captain. We're lucky the leader isn't Captain Canada.
    Just to mess with his memory, somebody should read 'O Captain, My Captain' at Stark's funeral.*

(Am I the only one who thinks its weird this was reported in the Washington Post?)

* If he weren't a comic character, and would therefore die one day.

~ Le Messor
    "Every man must do two things alone: he must do his own believing and his own dying."
    ~ Martin Luther

Iron Man will be going against Captain Marvel in the upcoming Civil War II in June. I wonder how big of a role AF will be playing, if they do get involved at all.
    Well, being “She's the leader of Alpha Flight, which is Earth’s first line of defense from all incursions,” I would assume they will play some part in this. Let's just hope they aren't there to be the cardboard cutouts that get knocked down by some mildly average heroes Marvel wants to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Well, being “She's the leader of Alpha Flight, which is Earth’s first line of defense from all incursions,” I would assume they will play some part in this.
    The worry is that if the threat is an Earthbased, non-incursion one that it won't involve them.

It would make sense though that there is an incursion threat being Carol is the head of Earth's space defence, not to mention Thanos appears to be involved. Unless, of course she has some other reason to be butting heads with Iron Man.

“There’s a reason that Carol is a part of the opposition forces. It not only speaks to her character, but her new role in the Marvel universe,” Alonso said of one of Marvel’s most popular female characters. “She’s the leader of Alpha Flight, which is Earth’s first line of defense from all incursions. As of today, she is a very powerful authoritative figure in the Marvel universe.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-civil-war-ii/
    Here's hoping we don't have another Collective Incident with Bendis "fixing what was undone" since he did write New Avengers, vol. 1 #16... and now has the chance to "kill them for sure again."