Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Carving Out A Place For Captain Marvel At Newsarama

Default Article: Carving Out A Specific Place For Captain Marvel At Newsarama

It also sounds like the writers are only on for the first 5 issues?

That cover is amazing. Haha wait so did I call it? Puck and Marvel becoming an item or did they mean close ties

the days of one writer(s) staying on a book for an extended period of time are long gone
    Last edited by -K-M-; 01-30-2016 at 01:13 PM.

I think they meant Relationship as a friendly one.

Carol's still with Rhodey, although I do reckon it'll be his death that causes Civil War 2.

Join the Might that is Alpha Flight

HEAD ASPLODO

I get the feeling that decisions are being made with the movies in mind and they are claiming Alpha Flight for themselves and not Fox, who own the X-Men rights, as a general Marvel property and not an X-Men specific property. Now that they are part of Captain Marvel, they could possibly use the characters in a Captain Marvel film.

I kind of hope the team stay just in the Captain marvel book and not have an ongoing. Yes, yes I know that sounds crazy.....but seems anything out of the core books is struggling and I'm afraid the team wouldn't fair any different. This way they still will be used and not fall into limbo and wait for a new "vision" of the team to happen

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2016/02...eled-by-marvel
    Last edited by -K-M-; 02-02-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez View Post
    I get the feeling that decisions are being made with the movies in mind and they are claiming Alpha Flight for themselves and not Fox...
    You may be right.
    It'd be awesome if we got an Alpha Flight movie out of this.
    A good one, I mean.

~ Le Messor
    "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
    ~ Martin Luther

I agree with mreeez. They are trying to get some distance between Alpha Flight and the X-Men books. They mentioned Department H in SHIELD as well. I wonder if Northstar and Jefferiess are too far in the X camp to get back?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Human Fly View Post
    I wonder if Northstar and Jefferiess are too far in the X camp to get back?
    That and they're mutants. So's Aurora.
    It doesn't mean they can't show up (see Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch), but it makes it much less likely.

I'd rather they don't appear in TV/Films at all, than have them not be mutants.

Being mutants is integral to their character which was one of my many issues with the Elves storyline...

#inhumanretcon

i wouldn't be surprised if Marvel did that. As mentioned look at scarlet witch and quicksilver m.....their no longer mutants or the children of Magneto. Marvel did this to distance themselves from the X-Men series.

But they're not Inhumans in Age Of Ultron are they?
    Just 'Miracles' as a result of experimentation?

Just "miracles"...no explanation and apparently were further amped by the sceptre.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think they meant Relationship as a friendly one.

Carol's still with Rhodey, although I do reckon it'll be his death that causes Civil War 2.

On CW2:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-civil-war-ii

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	civil-war-II-cover-96a7e.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	5080